Boyfriend

A/N: sorry for the late updates! i haven't been able to find time to finish my chapters quickly. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 8k!! it means so much to me!

)()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()(

It was a warm day out as the sun hid behind the clouds. Max breathed in the fresh air, calming her nerves. Fred kept his gaze to the floor, dreading to meet her eyes. After a couple more seconds, he finally moves his head up a bit to look into the girls eyes, to which she immediately averted contact.

"I didn't mean anything I said, Max." Fred starts. "I didn't know my own feelings-" "It sounded like you were serious, Fred. It sounded to me like I was some annoying little girl that you couldn't wait to get rid of." she interrupted, keeping her eyes towards the trees in the distance, watching the wind move through the branches.

The tall ginger lets out a sigh as he moves his eyes to stare at the floor again. "I didn't realize." He says softly. Max turns to look at him, her eyebrows scrunching together slightly at his words.

"You didn't realize that what you said was a dick move or you didn't realize that you were leading me on? Oh maybe you didn't realize that you're just an arse in general-"

"I didn't realize that I had fallen for you!" Now it was his turn to interrupt, his hand lifting to to brush through his hair in a frustrated manner. Max froze, staring at the boy. Had she been wrong about him finding her annoying?

Fred looks up from the floor to see her reaction, his heartbeat quickening as he confesses. "I'm sorry for everything I said. At first I didn't want anyone to know what we were doing.. I don't care about that anymore. All this anger I had for you was your fault." He says, not meaning for it to sound rude.

Again, Max's eyebrows scrunch together. "My fault? You being a complete arse was my fault?" she questions, her heart now beating just as fast as Fred's. "Yeah, I liked you so much that I didn't know how to fucking show it. That's stupid, I know but that's how it is." He says, running his hand through his hair for the second time now.

Her eyes stay focused on his, watching as he's the one now who's not making the eye contact. To that she walked closer to him and gently grabbed a hold of his chin, forcing him to look into her eyes. "You should've handled your emotions better. You're worse than Ronald," She starts, her words being serious but her tone being gentle.

Fred's eyes grow wide for a second at her movements before he lets out a breathy laugh at her insult. "But, I guess i'm no better since I reacted the same way for the same reason." Max finishes. Again, Fred's eyes widen at her words.

"Wait what" He says softly, staring into her eyes, dumbfounded. "I turned to anger too because you frustrated me so much with my feelings." Max soft tone never changes as she confesses to him. "So you like me?" Fred lifts his eyebrows and smirks playfully, causing her to roll her eyes.

"And you ruined the moment." She laughs, moving her hand away from his face. Fred places his hands on her waist, pulling her a bit closer than she was before. "I'm really sorry, Max. Do you accept my apology?" He asks, moving his eyes around her face to take in every feature.

"I forgive you, Fred" Max lets her eyes travel down to his lips, to which Fred notices. He lets a smirk take place along the corners of his lips as he brings one of his hands up, gently grazing her chin to tilt her head up a bit more before inching closer. Max makes no moves to push him away, instead, she notices that she's also moving closer to his lips.

"THEY'RE GOING TO KISS" They hear someone scream from the window, causing them to quickly jump apart. "Nice job, nimrod." A feminine voice says. Both Fred and Max turn to gaze to the window, seeing as everyone was crowded around the window.