Chapter - 35

Samaira

I asked the driver to keep on driving at some point he too got irritated and asked me to finally decide the destination off course no one will drive for almost 2 hours without knowing where to drop you. I told him the address but the fare was more and I didn't had more money so I made the online payment and got out and it was raining lightly.

When did it start raining ?

Thank God the distance was only about 30-35 minutes so I didn't mind it but the people around me did I guess, as they were giving me weird and creepy looks while few were giggling.

I hugged myself because it really shivering cold and making it hard to breathe with heavy heart. By now it was pouring even more heavier but I couldn't stop in mid road as the place doesn't look like taking shelter at least not when I'm alone and drenched.

And there it goes my sneezes.

Fever is confirmed !

I rub my arm to create some heat assuring myself just few more minutes more to go and then I was done.

In a wink I was pulled back by my elbow.

"No!" I hissed in pain as my whole body was numb and fear of something bad happening crept in me which caused the goosebumps to arise. I didn't dare to look up to the culprit.

"It's me." I heard that voice which first used to give me unsteady heartbeats now it gives me nothing but fear. I didn't look up I was literally cursing my luck.

I yanked back my hand from his grip as it was not that tight and started walking further without even giving him a single glance.

"M-Maira listen to me!"

"I know I fucked up!" Jai sounded as if he lost his battle and the rain was having no mercy on us.

That's when loudly thunder erupted I stilled in my place, for a second I thought my soul left my body.

I used to love rain it used to make me so happy but now I loath it because it only gives me flashback of the day it snatched my mumma away from me.

Without giving any reaction I continued my walking.

"Maira." He again called out my name.

I could hear his footsteps from behind and then he stood right infront of me.

"Stop behaving like kid and get in the car." 

Kid ?

This man has audacity to call me a kid ?

I shoot my angry daggers at him. Without giving any reply I moved to side but he caught me by my wrist. I tried to take back my hand but no avail he gripped even harder this time leaving more sobs from my lips.

"You are crying?" He left my wrist instantly and bought is hands to cup my small face, his voice seemed to be concerning but I won't fall in his fake trap again.

"Fuck! Is it hurting?" He cursed under his breath and that's when I look up what was he referring and saw him looking down at my wrist, the blood was ozing out mixing with rain. My glass bangles were broken because of his tight grip and now piercing through my skin.

But how funny I didn't feel any pain.

The pain in my heart was much more painful than on my wrist.

"I'm sorry I'm really sorry I shouldn't have said those words I regr―" He was now wrapping his handkerchief on my wrist but I pulled my hand back and attempted to move but failed he didn't allow me to even move a single bit.