Chapter - 21

We left for the journey which was minimum 3 hours as the engagement party was here in Mumbai itself.

Uncle was driving the car. Jai sat on passenger seat, Riya was already dozed off. Driving in Mumbai city is one of the worst task the traffic can give you a nice head ache and that's what I thought but I was proved wrong and I was happy in it. Uncle took the car to the side and I thought that we reached but then I saw Uncle got down and Jai too, they exchanged there seats as there was still long way to go.

While fixing the side mirror I saw his face but looked away the next moment. I lean inside so I don't have to see his face.

'chal jhoti' again my mind spoke against me.

Thankfully I had my headphones in my bag I took them out connected them with my mobile and put the mode on shuffle. I closed my eyes and lean towards the window. I was hoping it to play my favourite song and guess which song started playing You right of Doja cat. I don't know about you but I have habit to play songs while I'm showering and this one is played mostly.

Yes I'm too a bathroom singer.

It was getting little dark now but still we haven't reached the place. I was about to ask Aunty about it but before I could ask a voice came informing "And here we are." Jai announced and we all had a sigh of relief. We all got down and when I look up it was freaking Mansion !

A Beautiful Mansion !

Riya was still sleeping. An idea pop up in my head. First I made sure than everyone was out of the car so no one could hear me. I shook her leaning down near her ears I whisperedly  yelled "RIYA ! DHRUV  PROPOSED  ME  AND GUESS  WHAT  I  SAID  YES !"  she had her terrified expression and sat up as if volcano had erupted beside her. I lean back in seat while laughing.

"AAAAH  SAMAIRA ! DID  YOU REALLY  SAID  YE- WTF  !" and then I ran out of the car when I saw her getting ready to catch me.

"Aaahhhh !" I screamed and started to running for my life even though it was night time, the darkness was long gone as they had the beautiful lights decorated everywhere .

I ran towards nowhere but stopped stilled in my tracks when I spotted someone similar. All of sudden I felt my heart got heavy and for a second I was suddenly feeling breathless. There was rise of different emotion but I couldn't name it but I know for sure it was not going to end well.

I turned back to leave hugging myself when cold breeze touch my skin. I prayed and hoped it wouldn't be one who I was assuming.

"Ri-Riya." I called her when I saw her running towards me but she didn't said or do anything I guess she saw my sudden pale face.

"What happened ? Why did you stop in middle don't tell me you got your period." She tried to make little light mood. but I was gone so far in my thoughts.

"Girls come and get your luggage." Aunty called us from parking area.

"Come let's go!" Riya pulled me while walking we saw Meera aunty and Raj uncle talking to one lady which I guess was Sanjana aunty. Jai was standing near our luggage talking to some group. Riya took me towards the group and introduced them to me. Trust me I would have enjoyed their company but for some odd reasons I was feeling nostalgic. I looked back again from where I saw him. I wanted to go back home but all the members were busy talking among themselves including Jai and Riya.

"Can we leave ?" I ask Riya in low voice so no one could hear us. She looked at me for a second and nodded. "Let's go." she excused us and then we walked towards where Uncle and Aunty were talking and then we greeted Sanjana aunty.