Chapter - 22

There was one girl with him too and she sat beside me. The table was round so it was able see everyone. Later some boys came too and we all started chatting. And let me tell you they were really sweet and friendly. We talked about college life and about taste in music and all that stuff. I had almost finished my plate but was waiting for Riya.

"Hey Samaira you didn't tell us much about yourself." One guy whose name was Sairaj, he asked me and before I can reply Riya answered him.

"Actually our moms were best friends so she keeps hanging out with me and please excuse us." With that she signalled me are-you-done-with-eating look to that I nodded and then we left. We put our used plates in area which was marked and came back in house.

"Riya. Samaira. Come here girls." While we were talking about something when Meera aunty called us she was sitting with all the ladies gangs we went there and stood near aunty.

"Oh look at these gorgeous girls." One of lady said.

"Riya you look so grown-up my child but who is she ? I haven't seen her ?" Other lady asked to aunty.

"She is my Sabha's daughter Samaira I told you about her remember ?."

"Ohh so she is the one ?" The third lady said and faked a smile at me.

"Does she still lives with you ?" She asked.

"Yes gladly and proudly." Meera aunty said and genuinely smiled at me which I returned to her.

"Ohh Meera you know you should marry her off to some man she is not that young to be still taken care of." For a sec I was shock like from all the ladies and I thought she was looking lovingly but I guess that the tables turned out and that moment I realized Appearance can be Deceiving.

"Oh Really Vina ? She is no burden for me if that's what you are concerned about and please at least I'm not one of those who marry off their own daughter to some too elder man just because he is wealthy enough thinking she will be happy with him."

Ouch  And Wow ! Both at the same time.

I didn't knew that Meera aunty can be savage too. I can't even express my emotion when everyone looked at that Vina aunty with weird looks.

Like seriously?

She excused herself and left the room. Then I look over meera aunty she chuckled high gives with Sanjana aunty who was sitting beside her. Aunty winked at me and one thing was crystal clear with me that Never - Mess - With - Meera - Aunty.

We talked for some time and then we came back to our room to take some rest as we were not habitual to carry such dress and makeup all day long at least I'm not one of them. I love to keep my face chemical free.

It was now evening time and function went perfectly. I got freshed up and changed my dress and laid down on bed lazily. Riya was still in her dress talking on phone I guess I know who is one other side as she was having blush over her cheeks but just then she seems little tense ? Anyways I close my eyes and sighed it was just for a second and I stood up like I had electric current over my body when I recollect that person whom I saw near parking when we got here. But I didn't see him today in the function. I guess I mistook that person.

Hell I was worrying over nothing why would my father will be here in this function ?

Riya cut the call and laid down on bed beside me.

"Riya go and change first !" I ordered her but she didn't say anything.

"Are you even listening ?" I asked her again and still no reply. I stood up yet again and turned towards her and was about to start my lecture but the words stopped when I saw Riya's state her eyes were closed but the tears were flowing non-stop.

"WHAT  THE  FUCK !" I asked her she opened her eyes and they were blood-shot-red.

"WHAT  HAPPENED ? You are scaring me now what's wrong Riya ?" I was asking her but she was just looking at me like I'm some stupid person acting weird.

"D-Dhruv  h-he-" She started but her hiccups were not allowing her to be clear.

"DHRUV ? WHAT  HAPPENED  TO  HIM  IS  HE  OKAY ? DID  HE  GOT  HURT  ITS  OKAY  HE'LL  BE  FINE ! DON'T  CRY  BAB-" I told her but further she said broke me inside.

"H-He cheated on me !"she whispered and literally broke down completely I was too shocked to say anything. Like they were so happy just few days back spending time with each other and suddenly what happened ?

"How did you know ? He told you." I asked her she shook her head negatively. "Then ?"

"Last night he went in club with his friends and I knew about it because he himself told me that he was going and just now he was talking to me but suddenly he sent me these pictures... I tried to call him but now its switched off ." She said and showed me the pictures which were of him and one girl it was selfie and she was on his lap. Riya started sobbing I wiped her tears and hugged her.

"I'll suggest to at least  hear his explanation." I told her to which she just stared at me like I was talking in Chinese.

"Because I don't think he can do this I mean why would he send such selfies to you and even if he was cheating on you he would have continued doing it behind your back without revealing it." I tried to make her understand but no she wasn't in that state.

"On whose side you are Ha ?" She spoke loudly and pushed me a little backing off.

"Riya ! I'm not taking anyone's side okay it's just... it can be a misunderstanding too !"

"REALLY  SAMAIRA ! MISUNDERSTANDING ?" And that's when her phone started ringing again she looked at ID and threw it on bed. I stood up and was near door. "Don't assume things which are not real take a step to find the truth rather than sulking up." I told her and was about to leave when I was stopped by her voice.

"It's easier said than done." She said and I know it's better not to talk to her because she'll have all the comeback answers just like her own brother. It's better to leave and give her some time. I went outside the room.

As I was going further I saw Sanjana aunty was coming towards me so I stopped and smiled at her and she returned it genuinely thank god that Sanjana aunty isn't like those ladies.

"Hie I know it's late but Meera wants to talk to you she is waiting in her room go fast okay." I nodded but I wanted to ask if Riya also should join but before I could ask she cleared it by saying "No only you !" she smiled nervously and left.

Like what's wrong with these people how come they come to know what's on my mind and before I could ask they give my answers to unasked questions.

Do I look like open book to them?

Oh God continue this debate later and go ! my mind stated.

I went and knocked the door I don't know why but I was having negative vibes but I ignored it and knocked again, aunty opened the door with small smile which is very rare. I walked inside and my mind and heart just stopped working when I saw who was sitting on the sofa. I stare at him with nothing but with all the hatred in my eyes, he stood up and started walking towards me. I moved back and turned to leave but stop when I hear Raj uncle's voice.

"Beta at least listen to him." I said but didn't turn around.

"There's nothing to talk uncle." I said looking down and again tried to move out of room when I was stopped by one hand on my wrist. I look up to see Meera aunty pleading me with her eyes. I shook my in negative that I don't want to hear him.

"Please." Was all she said and turned me around to that man who was unfortunately my father she took me to sit on bed with her while uncle and he sat on sofa infront of us.

.

.

.

.