Chapter - 42

I came out of my lala land when someone cleared throat.

"So?"

"So?" I asked confusing.

"Which is your favourite colour?" Aunty asked me.

"Umm there are alot like blue, red but maroon is current favourite?" She nodded as if taking mental note.

"Why suddenly you asked about colour?"

"Offcourse to tell wedding designer to start designing your lehenga!"

"Oh ya righ-WHAAT!? " I was stunned when it registered properly.

"W-whose wedding?" I asked sounding somewhat calm.

It might again her cousin's wedding right that's why ! Don't think much dumbo ! She is not talking about your weddi-

"Offcourse yours wedding with my stupid son." She spoke while smiling while giving me light nudge as if teasing me.

SHE  IS  TALKING  ABOUT  YOU !

"A-aunty I um I don't know I'm sorry?" I don't why I said sorry.

"Oh stupid girl why are you apologizing? You remember when I told you that I was more than happy to accept you as my daughter-in-law?"

I nodded.

"Back at that time I wasn't kidding." I sat straight controlling my tears.

I used to ask God why he always have to make my life miserable but why I couldn't see that he sent these beautiful people in my life who stood by me at my lowest.

I thank you God that you didn't heard my those stupid prayers and gave me everything I wanted without even asking.

"Okay now wipe your tears."

"You had enough of days and night crying out now let the past be in past, and focusing on how to rule on my son's heart." She said making me chuckled we talked about other things after some time she left.

I went upto my balcony. I just love this thing more in my room. The warm wind was acting like healing on my skin. My mind went recalling scenes when I visited my parents grave and how Jai consoled me. I closed my eyes feeling the moment again.

Flashback

I halted my steps when I saw where we had come.

"J-Jai?" I asked him, he took hold of my hand and started walking towards the entry gate.

I got little closer to him as I was I'm panic state, my mind was held lot of questions.

We stopped after some time looking down at me he spoke "Y-your parents."

To be truth I was devastated when I read their names on stones.

Ever felt like something which you ever wanted was on tip of your finger but that slipped away just because you were way too eager to hold it?

I sat down quietly.

No more tears.

No more questions.

Just silently sinking the truth now I felt like I was better off without knowing the truth.

"Isha Liam Johnson your real mother, she died because of cancer." He too sat down pulling me by his arms. I kept my head on his shoulder making myself ready to hear the truth. He took my hand in his other and slowly started motioning his thumb on back of my hand as if it is going to help my nerves calm.