Chapter - 20

Next morning we all were sitting on dinning table and were having our breakfast except Jai. He came after a while and joined us.

"Yesterday I got call from Sanjana aunty she called us to visit us at her place for their daughter's engagement ceremony." Jai informed while looking at uncle.

"But she didn't inform anything to me?" Meera aunty spoke with some hint of disappointment. I guess that aunty must be close to her.

"Oh mom she said she tried to call you in fact she told me that she was calling you since evening but there was some issues about call connection so she call on landline last night." He explained aunty.

"Acha no problem when it is then ?"

"As usual she asked us to come little early so I guess we have to leave in 2 days." He informed and started his breakfast.

"Acha bhai did you heard telephone ring upto your room?." Riya asked him.

"No we heard it from kitchen." he spoke casually, my eyes snapped towards him.

He cleared his throat making his sentence sound correct "I mean I was in kitchen, I came down to drink water." Jai said who was sitting beside her.

I looked down not wanted to get caught by snapping my eyes at him.

He ignored the mischievous smile on her face.

"Really ? Anyways mom let's go for shopping then." Riya said with excitement.

"Oh this girl will always keep nagging for new dresses even though she has almost two trucks filled with them." Meera aunty kept her hand on her forehead in dramatic way and we all laughed at her reaction.

"Oh okay okay don't change your face to sad sadhu baba I also want to buy some herbal medicines and also we need to buy some gifts for them right ? So Jai if you don't have any important meeting can you take us for shopping ?" Aunty asked him.

"Actually mom there is one but I can re-schedule it in evening just give me a minute I will inform my assistant."

"No need of it Jai you take ladies for shopping I will attend the meeting just ask your assistant to keep the files in my cabin." Uncle told Jai to which he nodded in agreement.

Jai called her and informed her "Okay its finally arranged now let's leave in 15 minutes then."

"Do I also have to come in that function ?" I spoke to no one in particular there was silence for some time.

"Unfortunately yes but if you have any other way out then do let us know." Jai broke the silence.

"Jai." Aunty warned him but he ignored the warning and continued with his breakfast.

"Offcourse Samaira you will come with us I can't leave you here alone and the function is also important for us to attend otherwise that Sanjana will come to haunt me down next day if I didn't show up." She chuckled making me too.

"Okay." I said nervously I'm not used to go in such family gathering and this will be first time because till now we as in me and my mom didn't had any family support from where we belonged.

"So okay then you girls go change and come down." aunty told us and we both left the dining and went to our rooms.

The rest of the day went in shopping, giggling, making fun of couples who were gone overboard with their PDA's. I on the other hand had to take the new dress unwillingly. Seriously aunty is a real shopping freak she asked us to buy the matching jeweleries too. Jai went for his shopping and trust me he finished it within an hour and he had like only two bags to carry. Here I was having 2 in one hand and other 3 on the other and same goes with Meera aunty and Riya too.

We went in cafe as we were hell tired and top of that we were sitting in the same seat in same cafe when we had embarrassing encounter with Dhruv. Riya and I were sitting side to side and were exchanging mischievous looks and giggling in our own world.

"Are you girls okay ? I mean you guys are acting really weird." Aunty asked us while sipping her coffee.

"Y-Yes mom I'm totally fine !" Riya shuttered a little, I bite my lip from laughing.

"Yes aunty we are absolutely fine but I guess Riya is feeling something li-" I told her but she cut me off.

"Wh-What happen Riya ? You are not feeling well ? You should have told me na... should we leave now ?" Aunty showered her with questions. I on the other hand was trying so hard not to burst out laughing and Jai was quietly watching our gibberish behaviour.

"That's what I'm asking her to tell me why she is feeling different is because of that inci-" I couldn't complete my sentence.

"MOM  AH ! My stomach is paining can we leave now ?" She told aunty to which she agreed in seconds and then she pinched me my on right thigh. I winced but absorb the pain but still can't stop laughing at her.

"Okay lets leave." Aunty said and when my eyes unfortunately went towards Jai who was leaning back in his seat sipping his coffee his cold yet calm gaze on me.

Can't he just stop glaring at people unnecessarily.

When I caught him he didn't even look away.

"What ?" I asked him but he just roll his eyes now looking out of window.

SHAMELESS.

I literally lost the count I called him that

We came back had our dinner and left to rest. Next day we all were busy packing our luggage even though it was for two days but I doubt. I had done with my stuff and it was almost lunch time. We all had our lunch while Uncle and Jai were discussing some sort of their office work while we ladies were busy talking about the dresses and jewelleries we gonna take with us.

"You guys be ready till 3 okay I have some important work I will be back in an hour then we'll leave." Jai spoke while getting up from his seat.

"Don't be late and don't you dare drive in rush !" Aunty warn him.

"Okay love I won't !" He said kissing aunty's forehead and left the room. For a second the room was silent I guess aunty must be top of her own world. I'm happy that Jai is slightly changing offcourse in good terms. I hope he covers up for his absence and his rude behaviour till now with his parents because he is more than lucky person to have them as his parents and I don't think I should forget to mention his sister.

.

.

.

.