Chapter - 13

Author

Jai got inside his room as usual he did his routine work. He knew that he was alone in this big house. He was little irritated by Samaira.

He hated his parents decision about Samaira. He had gut feeling that, that girl is living her just because she gets literally everything at her fingertip.

He had come through such back stabbers in past, so he thinks that his thoughts about Samaira are same, she was really something and that something was not good for him or his family and this was what he thought of her from the day he saw her in dinning table.

After some time he went down to have some snacks and went in his office room. He knew that Riya was out with that Dhruv. Yes! Jai knows about them off course he knows as Jai and Dhruv were not only business partners but crazy colleagues too. He met him in Canada and surprisingly he lives nearby.

He continued with his office work today was most hectic day for him. Even though he is workaholic but today was worst. He didn't even knew that it was getting dark outside and it was almost dinner time.

He took off his glasses and went down for dinner. He sat infront of table and as always asks the maid did-the-girls-had-dinner ? it was his routine to ask about them from the day his parents left for Chennai. As always today he was expecting a yes from her but this time the maid didn't say anything.

"Riya hasn't still come she told she will have her dinner out with her friend." The maid told him but he already knew about her friend.

"And what about the other one?" He asked the maid he never takes her name.

"I don't know about Samaira, the last time I saw her was when she was leaving the house in morning I wanted to ask her if she was okay but she almost ran out." she explained him. He frown at that then it clicked him the whole drama which had happened out his room.

He rubbed his temples and ask the maid "Do you have her number? Call her and ask where is she."

"I did beta but her phone is switch off I was about to come to ask if you know where she gone."

He knew he acted little rude towards her but it was all his frustration of work and not anger of her. Sometimes she irritates the hell out of him and her stubbornness is like cherry on the top.

Even though he is against of her living in his house, but at same time he doesn't have that black heart to ignore his responsibility towards her.

Now he was regretting letting her go alone. He know that she had something important that's why she suddenly came towards him and not went by herself.

He was little bit happy that she asked his help before leaving and somewhere and didn't just left out from home without informing him.

Without even looking at the dinner infront of him and walked upstairs to his room. He tried to call Riya but it was unreachable he was cursing under his breath particularly to no one. Then he texted Dhruv to bring Riya back home on other hand for Samaira he didn't knew what to do he was damn angry about this girl leaving the house but somewhere he was worried too.

Off course they both were his responsibility.

Now he regrets he shouldn't have told her to leave by herself but he too didn't thought that she will take this long to come back.

He quickly took his jacket and the car keys and dailed his mom's number while descending downstairs. He was debating whether to tell mom or not.

She picked up after few ring.

"Hello Jai? Did you just call me? Beta is everything fine? Are you fine ? And what about the girls?" She panicked a little as she knew her son very well that he never calls her unless it's important or urgent work.

"Mom actually ―" He told her everything what happened except few things of how he yelled at her and ask her to go by herself so he can be in safe side. He lied that she was one who went by herself without informing him.

"WHAT ? YOU  LET  HER  GO  ALONE  TO  THAT  PLACE ? JAI ! I know you don't like her but that doesn't mean you will ignore your responsibility towards her every time." She yelled at him.

"Mom she is not kid okay relax she can take care of hersel-" He tried to calm his mom.

"THERE  WAS  A  REASON  I  NEVER  LET  HER  GO  TO  HER  OWN  HOME  JAI! THERE  WAS  A  REASON  SHE  WAS  STAYING  HERE  WITH  US  AND  NOT  ALL  ALONE  BY  HERSELF !" She scolded him.

"M-mom listen to me I―" He was cut off in mid-sentence.

"JAI  I  DON'T  CARE  HOW  BUT  I  WANT  TO  HEAR  HER  VOICE  WITH  IN  NEXT  2  HOURS  NOW  GO !"

"M-mom ?!" He was shocked and  couldn't even utter a single word. His mom never yelled at him. She didn't even yell when he gives back-answers to her or elders. He started thinking about why mom reacted like that. But He knew one thing.

This time he fucked up for sure.

He went outside and ask the maid to inform him once Riya reached home and with that he went out and sat in his car.

He was used to stay alone in these past years even in his big house which was in Canada he never felt lonely but the feeling which was incurring inside his heart felt was troubling him. He was trying to stay away yet it was coming back like a fucking boomerang.

He started driving towards her old house. He didn't knew the exact address he only knew the area name and her mother's name so he asked few people around and finally reached there after good in 40-45 minutes of drive.  He got a call from maid that Riya was back and she went to her room. He relaxed a little and asked the maid not to tell Riya anything about Samaira because he knew his sister will kill him without any second thought.

Best friend over her own brother.

It was almost 10:30 in the night and he was hell worried.

He pulled his car infront a house. He got out and started walking towards it rubbing his palms to each other to create heat as it was little chill.

He prayed to God to let Samaira be here safe and sound.

But little did he knew that his hope and prayers both were going to crush after the opening the doors of reality.

.

.

.

.