Chapter Two.

Jason's P.O.V

My day had started as normal as any other. I woke up and went to the plantation without even taking breakfast. My father was so strict about me taking responsibility of the plantation. I stayed at the plantation for two hours as the home guards filled me in on the affairs of the plantation. I was so bored. That man could talk forever.

I got my escape around noon and headed straight home. I went to the kitchen to ask Wacii to bring the food to my room once it was ready since I wasn't in the mood to sit at the dinner table alone. As I was leaving the kitchen, someone bumped into me. I looked down to see a beautiful young woman standing there. She had long black curly hair and coffee black skin. Her eyes were so full of life and sparkled like the stars. Her head only reached my chest. She looked so innocent. As soon as the moment started, it ended. She realized that she was looking at a white man directly in the eyes. She looked down and expected a punishment. I tried to talk to her but words failed me. I hoped that she didn't mind the fact that I was a white man. I walked past her and went into my room. I knew that I had more chances to talk to her since she would be working here. Maybe I'd even make my room so dirty that she would have to clean it everyday and that would give me a chance to see her.

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door. A shy face popped her face through the door. It was her, my mystery girl. She stood at the threshold waiting for her next orders. "Come in," I said. She came in and placed the tray full of food on top of my bedside table. She turned to leave. "Wait! What is your name?" I asked. "Lantana," she replied. Her name just suited her. I dismissed her and she went back downstairs, probably to have her lunch. I ate mine in silence, my thoughts wandering to her every so often.

I started planning how the get her attention. Maybe she would like some chocolate or some fruit. I made up my mind to make her a pretty card using glitter paper. I hoped she would like it. I put the lunch dishes on the floor and got to work. I couldn't wait to see the surprise on her face tommorow. Well, the card would be worth it.