Chapter Nineteen.

I dey hear de sound of the tambourine oh,
Talking drums and Shekere combination,
I see people under the tambourine oh,
Dancing i guess there is a celebration.....

Lantana's POV

        I ran faster and faster but he kept getting closer. Curse his longer legs. I ran towards the servant's quarters and he kept following. I've got to admit,this chase was getting somewhat kinda fun. It was long since I'd last run around with someone chasing behind me. With all the work I had to do there was barely any time for leisure. I turned a corner and I thought I'd finally lost him. Before I could look back to check,he caught me in his open arms. He laughed heartily."I got you. That was fun. We should do it more often,"he said. I rolled my eyes at him and pretended to look annoyed. But we both knew that I did agree fully with him. Well since he caught me i had no choice but to listen to what he had to say to me. This better be good.

Jason's POV

       I finally caught her. That chase was fun. Although Lantana tried to look annoyed but we both knew that she did have fun. She stood with her arms crossed and looked at me with expectant eyes. I knew she was waiting for me to talk. "Look Lantie," I started. "It's Lantana. Always has,always will be,"she shot back. I could not help but roll my eyes. " Okay, I don't know why you are mad at me. You keep avoiding me, and won't even talk to me anymore. You clean my room when you are sure I'm not near the vicinity so that there is no chance of interaction. Like, I know that you have been busy with everything that is going on and now that my father has threatened you and Wacui....Wacii...... Wacuka but that doesn't mean you have to ignore me. I'm different. Not all colonialists are the same. You have to give me a chance. I really like you Lantana and I know that you like me back. Please just give this relationship a chance. I promise I won't do anything to jeopardize it. Please just give me a chance Lantie," I poured my heart out to her.

       I saw Lantana holding in a laugh. "What is it?" I asked,confused.That made her burst out laughing . "You..you can't pronounce the name Wacuka or even Wacii. How? Like it's the most basic name in the world," she said in between laughs. I joined her laughing. Her laughter was the most musical thing in the world I couldn't help it. "It's actually really hard you know. Not everyone can pronounce it," I said. She just laughed harder. Before I could fully enjoy the moment,my mum came rushing through the hallway. "Jason come with me this instant! And quit laughing with that slave!"she yelled. I was shocked. Mother never yelled even in the most serious situation. She was always come and collected. Whatever was going in, it was serious. I mouthed an apology to Lantana and took off after mother. Lantana turned and went the opposite direction. I didn't know if things were fixed between us now. Oh no! I forgot to ask her about her discussion with the guard earlier. That'll have to be later. Hopefully, she stays safe till then.

(A/N:
An update finally
Tried putting both their POVs in one chapter.
Please vote
Comment.
Share...)