Chapter Nine.

Viongozi tunaowachagua,tunawasihi,
Maadili mema mzingatie.
Lo!Itawale mioyo zenu.

Dedicated to rakekiller

Jason's P.O.V

       I was so glad it was finally Monday. I had really missed Lantana. I intentionally made my room extra dirty so that she would spend a lot of time cleaning it. I brought her a tiny gift just like I did everyday. This time,it was a bracelet. I hoped she liked it. It was almost eight o'clock. Where was she? She was usually here by seven.

         I went downstairs and found her and Wacii being questioned by my parents. By the looks on their faces, it was a serious issue. I stepped nearer to hear their conversation. "I hope neither of you two are involved in those activities in any way,"father said. They both nodded dutifully with their heads bowed down. "Hopefully you are not lying to us. Cause if you are, we will not hesitate to have you sent to the whipping post,"mother added. Wacii and Lantana now looked very scared. Wacii looked like she was about to faint. And she almost did. Lantana had to steady her. They both excused themselves and left.

          I went down and sat with my parents. I asked them what the matter was. They told me that it was a simple matter with the slaves and that I didn't need to worry about it. I persisted but they just ignored me. I quickly ate my breakfast then went back to my room.

          I found Lantana cleaning it. She didn't look happy at all. She was even startled when I walked into the room. She wasn't in a mood to talk to me. But I knew I hadn't done anything wrong to her. It must be what they discussed with my parents. I needed to find out what it was. And soon at that. Hopefully Lantie would soon be back to her joyful self. I already missed her so much.

Vote
Comment
Share........