Chapter Twelve.

Egetinginye ekengaini kerigie Oboundi

Kiagache embura egotwa gesoe mwaye

Egetiuginye ekengaini kerigie Oboundi

kiagache embura egotwa gesoe mwaye

Ee baba ewalegetingive ekengaini

Kerigie Oboundi Kiagache

Omaiya Omaiya o chingero bonyangero

Abanto bainto mwensi inwe mobe egetinginye

Mwagache embura egotwa mosoe nyomba

Omaiya Omaiya chingero bonyangero

Jason's POV

Lantana's and Wacuka had disappeared after running off. I wondered what made them that upset. I looked for Lantana everywhere but she seemed to be avoiding me. The dinner bell rang and I walked towards the dining room. I knew I'd see her there. She was there as expected. But her eyes were red and puffy as if she had been crying. Wacii on the other hand seemed jumpy. Both of them wouldn't look up and just stood there like statues. Mother seemed to notice the change in them and released them from their duties. They thanked her and left the room hurriedly. It seemed to take all their energy not to run out.

After dinner, I went in search of Lantana again. I found her shelving some books in the study. She was so distracted that she didn't see me coming. I snuck up behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist. She jumped up and a silent scream left her mouth. She seemed absolutely frightened. She relaxed a little bit when she saw it was me but didn't return the smile on my face. I felt bad for upsetting her and tried to apologise but she dashed out of the room and into the hall.

I ran after her. It was easy catching up with her because I didn't have to pull up long skirts to be able to run. She tried to escape but I cornered her on the wall. " Are you avoiding me?" I asked her. She turned her eyes away from me and nodded. " Why?" I asked. "It's for the best,"she said. I was hurt. It was like she had just stabbed me in the chest. "Goodbye,"she said. And with those parting words she ran down the hall and away from me. I wanted to follow her but my legs wouldn't move. I went back to my room feeling sad and dejected. Why was Lantana acting so odd? I had to find out the reason. Maybe then she'll like me again.

An update at last
Please vote
Comment
Share