Chapter Ten.

The sailor lad upon the deck is gazing to the west, of all the countries I have been my homeland is the best. Some set sail for France,some set sail for Spain. But all I ask is just a chance to learn it's drills again.

Lantana's P.O.V

What Mr Williamson said scared me a lot. But Wacii was doing worse. She had a panic attack. She couldn't go to the Reserves now for it was not safe. She was worried about her family. She was worried because she was a kikuyu and the rebels were also kikuyu. If she or any member of her family was discovered to be kikuyu,they would be taken to detention camps and tortured for alleged association with the rebel group. The rebel group was known as Mau Mau. They mainly terrorised the Mt. Kenya region. They were fighting for our independence. The colonial government was scared of them. Personally, I supported them. I didn't want to be stuck as a slave for the rest of my life. Plus I didn't like the way the whites mistreated us Africans. But some were nice.....like Jason. Speaking of him, I had ignored him earlier today. I felt kinda guilty. I decided to go visit him after my duties.

When I finished my duties, I went looking for him. I found him seated in the study reading a book. He looked up immediately I walked in. He then stood up and hugged me. I blushed and smiled. We sat down then he asked me what was wrong earlier. I noticed he was still holding my hand. But I didn't mind anyway. I poured my heart out. He listened keenly, asking questions once in a while. He seemed worried at the end of it. Before he could talk, Wacii came running into the study. She seemed terrified. She pulled my arm and we ran out into the garden. What I saw next shocked me.

Vote
Comment
Share.........