Chapter 12

Hermione was so certain that she was not going to attend any quidditch matches again.

That was until there was an official match between the Gryffindors and the Hufflepuffs.

Even though Hermione didn't want to attend, she couldn't disappoint her friends.

And so that was how Hermione found herself sitting in the quidditch stands with the Slytherins with a book in her hand on a Sunday.

The wind was powerful, and it was clear that it would rain today.

Hermione tightened the scarf around her neck and went back to reading her book.

Ron, Harry and Ginny were all flying in the air, from looking for the snitch to throwing the quaffle. 

Hermione would look from time to time and cheer them on, but she was mostly engraved in her book.

From the corner of her eye, she saw someone sit beside her.

And she could never miss the platinum blond hair.

"Malfoy." She acknowledged, still reading her book.

"Granger." He nodded his head.

Hermione didn't lift her head from the book and Draco strangely found himself looking at her.

Maybe it was the smell of wisteria that caught his attention, but it was her who kept it.

"Staring is rude."

He blinked.

He had been staring at her like an idiot.

"What are you reading?" He asked nonchalantly, as if she didn't just catch him staring.

She looked at him and lifted an eyebrow, "Another muggle book, why?"

He shrugged, "Just curious."

She squinted her eyes but returned her attention back to the book.

"You are not paying attention to the match, thought you would be cheering for your Gryffindork friends." He lifted an eyebrow.

Hermione huffed and closed the book.

It was apparent he was not going to let her read in peace.

"Me cheering for them won't make them win, it is their skill that'll make them." She glanced at her friends.

"I might disagree with that, you cheering for them would definitely encourage them."

She squinted her eyes, "Why do you care?"

He looked at her, "I don't."

Even though she didn't believe him, Hermione was pretty desperate to finish reading her book, so that is what she resumed to do.

The wind blew against the stands, causing Hermione to shiver.

She huffed and casted a warming spell around her, not that it had a powerful effect.

Draco crept closer, trying to act as nonchalant as possible, but Hermione noticed.

She gave him a side glance and scooted to the side, as if giving him some place next to her.

Draco considered what to do.

He was not that engrossed in the match, in fact, he actually attended it because of the binding spell between him and Hermione.

So him not paying attention to the match and paying attention to Hermione and her book wouldn't be suspicious...would it?

Damn it all.