Chapter 15

TW// Dark themes and slight mention of blood and death. Read with caution.

***

Her eyes kept fluttering the whole time he sat there, his hand close enough to her wrist that he could feel her pulse.

He squinted his eyes as they racked her form that was slumped on the bed, her hands fell limply at her sides. Her skin was pale, not something characteristic of her that seeing her like this was like seeing her dead.

Draco narrowed his eyes and focused them on his knuckles that were now bruised.

He couldn't help the smirk that spread on his face when he remembered what happened after getting Hermione to the hospital wing.

***

"Where do you think you are going?!" Pansy asked, looking from his to Hermione that was on the bed, as if this was reason enough.

"I am going to return the favor." He glared at her, his eyes twitching.

Pansy lifted an eyebrow before a smirk spread on her face, "Mind having company?"

Draco squinted his eyes but motioned for her to follow him nonetheless.

"Guys, maybe you all should wait, let's stay with Mione for now." Harry tried to calm them down, failing miserably of course.

"No, I agree with them." Ginny shrugged, looking at Hermione's slightly bloodied white shirt.

"I agree too." Blaise cracked his knuckles.

"We are not going to act in a circus, I am not taking everyone with me." Draco narrowed his eyes, crossing his arms as he did so.

Blaise rolled his eyes, muttering a "Fine."

"Everyone, out! I have to check on the patient." Madam Pomfrey motioned for them to move.

Without warning, Draco took Pansy's wrist and pulled her with him, knowing well enough that she is the one who will know what is needed to be done.

"We haven't done this in a while, have we?" She smirked as they walked down the hallways to the Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff common room.

He smirked as well, "Three years to be exact. Last time was when we attempted to push the Gryffindor off the astronomy tower."

She rolled her eyes, "You did go a little far, but you were an arsehole when young —still are— but we all know you were just scaring him."

Draco huffed a laugh, "Didn't stop Theo from trying to stop us, even though the Gryffindor did try to burn his books."

"You know Theo, he lives by the "Wisdom knows what to overlook." motto, it isn't like his books were significant or anything." She rolled her eyes sarcastically, knowing well enough that he would kill his friends if they even came near his books. 

"Sometimes I wonder why he wasn't placed in Ravenclaw." Draco shook his head in disbelief.

Pansy snorted, "Thank Merlin for that."

After a while, they found themselves in front of the Ravenclaws/Hufflepuffs common room.

"Are we sure it is a seventh year?" Pansy asked him.

"We'll check both if not." He shrugged.

In less than five minutes, both of them were inside, threatening the Hufflepuffs.