Chapter 20

A/N:- This was a double update! Don't forget to check chapter 19! Happy reading.

***

The second Draco sent the letter to his mother, he changed his mind about taking a shower and just calling it a day, instead, he decided to go have a talk with Moaning Myrtle.

It has been almost two years since he has talked to her and frankly, he quite needs someone to talk to about what had transpired between him and Hermione.

He quickly got out of his school robes before changing into black slacks and a black jumper. Once he was ready, he set off to the bathroom that he knew Myrtle to be in.

The corridors were dim and Draco didn't want to wake the portraits, so he had to walk in the dark, not that he really minded. Most of his sixth year was consisted of walking in the darkness all alone, metaphorically and literally.

Once he arrived to the girls' lavatory, Draco walked right in and was met by the sound of wailing that was undoubtedly coming from Myrtle.

He couldn't help but smile, remembering those times when he had always comforted her, wether it be for a stupid reason or not. He always thought that his friendship with the ghost was weird since he didn't really like talking to people other than those who he knew personally, but the second she comforted him in sixth year, Draco always confided in her and always comforted her if needed. She was one of his closest friends, ghost or not.

"Myrtle, you can stop crying now. I am back." He smiled mischievously, knowing that she wouldn't waste any time in the bathroom stall the second she heard his voice, and in only a few seconds, the ghost was flying from the lavatory and floating in front of Draco.

"Draco! I have been waiting for you to visit me since forever!" She crossed her almost invisible hands and pouted.

Draco simply rolling his eyes, becoming accustomed to her dramatics. "Stop being dramatic. I have heard someone was keeping you company, mind telling me who took my place?" He leaned against a wall, crossing his arms.

She smiled mischievously, floating around the lavatory while a more sincere smile formed on her face. "Just a lonely ghost who was in need of the company of another lonely ghost. Don't worry, you will meet him tonight."

Draco smiled, feeling the happiness of the ghost float around him in almost visible strings. He couldn't deny the fact that the happiness of the ghost also made him happy. She was one of the only people who cared about him in sixth year and he was always grateful for her, even if he didn't know how to show it.

"Well, what do you want to tell me this time? Are you forming a plan to kill the new headmistress now that the old headmaster is in the grave?" Myrtle was the only one who knew about Draco's task in sixth year, and even though she knew he was supposed to kill the headmaster, she never told Dumbledore anything about it, knowing full well that Draco was trusting her with valuable information.

Draco rolled his eyes and said. "Don't joke about that again," he took a deep breath before saying. "I actually need to talk to you about something else."

Myrtle furrowed her eyebrows and flew towards him, when she was just in front of him, she said. "What is so important that you want to tell me?"

Draco took a deep breath before finally speaking. "I kissed Granger —well— she kissed me, but it takes two to kiss. I kissed her back."

Myrtle gasped and flew around, clapping her hands as she did so. "You kissed a muggle-born! Well, that is unexpected!"

"He kissed who?"