Chapter 40

A/N:- So, uhm, yeah. I TRIED, OKAY? THIS WAS NEVER ON MY AGENDA BUT HERE YOU GO! TELL ME WHAT YOU THOUGHT AT THE END OR CORMAC WILL KISS HERMIONE IN THE NEXT CHAPTER. I LOVE YOU GUYS AND UHM, YEAH, ENJOY!

***

Hermione blinked. Once. Twice. A few more times. The reflection of her blinked as well, almost as if disbelieved at what it was reflecting.

It was almost time for the party, and Hermione had decided to get ready in her dorm since that was where she put her dress.

She was clad in green, a color that she had thought mediocre before putting it on.

But now...

Now she feels just as lovely as Draco describes her. Just as magnificent as he tries to make her feel.

The dress that she was wearing was flowy, but the top was as tight as it could get. It reached just above her mid-thigh. The dress had a higher neck, and the straps that rested tightly on her shoulders twisted around her back, creating a complicated but simple effect. However, the dress was backless, with only the straps covering almost nothing of her golden skin.

She ran her hand over her dress before spinning halfway and studying the back.

Crisscross, crisscross, one strap. An X at the top. She started making a mental note of how it looks like, and suddenly she felt shy, too shy.

She furrowed her eyebrows and took a deep breath.

She was not afraid of wearing exposing dresses, what she was afraid of is exposing her flaws; her scars. Her scars—

The bathroom door opened, revealing a platinum blond clad in a green slightly oversized sweater and black pants. The first thing that Hermione noticed was his hands, both clad in silver rings. His right hand flew to his hair and brushed it to the back, but it didn't help. His hair fell on his face, covering a bit of his eyes. He huffed and blew the strands away before meeting Hermione's eyes.

And suddenly, everything beautiful, bedazzling, and beguiling came to life; everything breathtaking transferred from the whole world and chose Hermione as their backbone. Everything that was enticing took a hold of Hermione, as if trying to control her, but she reversed roles; Hermione took a hold of everything powerful and controlled them herself.

And suddenly, Draco felt immobilized, stupefied, incapacitated; he couldn't function properly, couldn't do anything properly. After witnessing the beauty that was Hermione, Draco felt as if no words were worthy of describing her, not even his thoughts.

"Hey there, handsome." Hermione smiled sheepishly as she slowly walked towards him, her mind willing her hands to stop fidgeting. Grasping for a solution, Hermione rested her hands on Draco's shoulders before slowly moving them to behind his neck and intertwining her fingers together.

"Hey there, gorgeous." He smiled, his hands wrapping around her waist, and that was when he discovered that she was wearing a backless dress. His fingers spread on her skin, scorching it with a fire that travelled to her whole body, taking a hold of everything sane that was barely left in her.

"How do I—"

Draco didn't let her finish her sentence, he had no patience, and when it came to Hermione, he didn't even know what that word meant.

"A vision, Hermione; you are a vision that no one deserves to witness, even me."

She smiled before standing on her tippy toes and whispering into his ear. "If you don't deserve to witness me, then you wouldn't be touching me right now."