Chapter 33

"Hello, students!"

"—Remus?!" Harry's voice came from the back of the class, sounding confused but delighted all at the same time.

"Ah, yes, Harry. I will be your Defense Against the Dark Arts professor." Remus smiled, his dimples clear and brilliant on his cheeks.

Hermione smiled as well. Remus has been so busy with Tonks and Teddy and hasn't been able to leave them alone for certain reasons. Hermione was overjoyed that he was finally able to leave the cottage, and she was more overjoyed that he finally had his job back. He was the most suited person to teach them anyways.

"Well, we will keep the questions for the end of the class. Since you all are a bit behind, we will jump straight to the point." Remus —Professor Lupin now— announced before rounding his desk and reaching for something from beneath it.

Draco looked at Hermione and lifted his eyebrows slightly as he said. "Very serious about this, isn't he?"

Hermione smiled and nodded. "It's been tough for him. He is just excited, he loved teaching us in third year. He gets to teach us now without the risk of someone wanting to kill us."

Draco smiled and nodded. "You have a point."

"I always have a point." Hermione said, acting smug as she did so.

"Shut up, Granger."

Hermione lifted her eyebrows expectantly.

Draco rolled his eyes playfully and held up a hand to silence her. "Don't respond to that."

Hermione laughed and Draco smiled.

***

After class, Hermione had sent her friends to the library, well, forced her friends was more accurate, but that didn't matter. She had told them that she would meet them there in a few minutes. When they had asked why, she had just told them that she wanted to ask Professor Lupin about something regarding their newest assignment.

She didn't, and Harry saw right through that. So now, she was standing in front of Professor Lupin with Harry next to her.

"How have you two been? Last year of school treating you well?" Remus —thinking of him as Professor Lupin was too much for her head— asked, a permanent smile on his face. A smile that started appearing more casually after the war ended.

Harry took the lead and answered. "Pretty good so far. It started weirder than usual, though." His tone was filled with suspicion and curiosity.

Hermione followed Harry's lead and furrowed her eyebrows at Remus while crossing her arms. He just stood there with an abashed smile.

"Okay, look, she told me to keep it a secret. And you know how strict Professor McG— Minerva is." Remus said, correcting his habit of referring to her as his Professor. Hermione couldn't blame him. She wasn't used to calling Remus Professor either.

Hermione and Harry both gave a laugh at that; they certainly knew what he meant. Professor McGonagall was not someone you would want to cross...ever. Remus had done the right thing of not telling them about the binding thing that McGonagall did at the beginning of the year.