Chapter 42

Exams were tomorrow — finally — and Hermione, like always, had forced her friends to study day and night for their N.E.W.T.S.

But she wasn't the only one; Daphne had made it her mission to help Ron succeed, and Ron, being the Gryffindor that he was, couldn't say no to the Slytherin.

Exam week was the most stressful thing Hermione had ever had to endure — only this year of course, she endured a war and that was overall at the stop of the list — but with Draco with her, figuratively and literally, it was tolerable.

***

"You got it!" Hermione exclaimed when Draco answered correctly for the last flashcard, and she couldn't help but lean across the bed and give him a quick kiss. He attempted to make the kiss longer, but Hermione pulled back, tutting.

"That was only theory that we finished, we still have to study for the practical portion of DADA."

Draco groaned and collapsed on the bed, his arms went around Hermione's waist as he met her eyes. "Can we take a break?"

Hermione debated this for a second before shaking her head. "No, but I have a feeling that you will like what we have to do next."

He lifted an eyebrow as he asked. "Which is?"

Hermione smiled. "You will know once we get there."

"Get where?"

"Merlin! Stop asking question and get dressed."

She got up, leaving Draco groaning on the bed.

Once she was in the bathroom, Draco whispered to himself.

"You are so fucking lucky that I love you."

***

"Where are we going?" Draco asked, ignoring the glances that the both of them received.

They were public, and they would have to get used to the stares. Whether it be because they were always holding hands or because they were never separated, Draco didn't really care, he had Hermione, why would he care for anything else?

"Can't you be a little patient?"

Woah—

Didn't this happen before?

Draco stopped suddenly, and Hermione turned to glare at him, but he didn't notice; he was caught in the moment of déjà vu.

Hermione and Draco's hands were intertwined together, both not willing to let go of each other's warmth.

The sky was dark blue, a few stars were visible as Hermione and Draco walked across the courtyard.

Well, it was mostly Hermione who dragged Draco behind her.

Draco looked around as Hermione pulled him through the grounds of the courtyard, he saw the black lake from away and thought that maybe she was taking him there, but the second they passed it, his curiosity started to eat at him.

"Where are we going?" He asked.

Hermione huffed and looked at him over her shoulder. "Can't you be a little patient?"