Chapter 43

A/N:- So, uhm, hello. Apparently I have Covid, and I legit have no energy for anything. Idk how I wrote this chapter, but here you go. I hope y'all like this one, we are so close to the end!

***

They were sitting in the Great Hall, eating breakfast as they shared the company of each other. It was almost there; the time to leave Hogwarts, only a few more days left, and they all wanted to spend it together.

Hermione was sitting next to Draco, their fingers intertwined together as they ate with their other hands. Blaise and Ginny were bickering, as always, while Harry and Pansy were flirting shamelessly. Daphne was sitting next to Adrian, blushing as he brushed her hair away from her face. Theo and Neville had left and sat with Luna and Hannah, both wanting to spend the last few days with their girlfriends.

It was good, really good. Good was an understatement, a word not able to describe an eighth of what they were feeling.

It was ecstatic, but that wasn't enough as well. No word would be able to illustrate their feelings. Everything they were feeling was too valuable to be defined in words.

It was at that time that a letter fell in front of Draco, and he had to — reluctantly — let go of Hermione's hand so that he could open the letter.

Hermione watched with furrowed eyebrows as he opened the letter and read the contents.

***

Draco,

We need to meet to talk about the details of the trial. If you don't have the decency to make time for your father, then I hope Miss Granger will be able to help.

Yours,
Lucius Malfoy.

***

Draco rolled his eyes, crunching the letter with his hand as he did so. Hermione's eyes furrowed further and she met his eyes as she asked. "What's wrong?"

He shook his head briefly before answering in an annoyed tone. "Father wants to meet to talk about the trial."

"But we already got him to agree on our terms, we are not meeting with him, we are the ones that are going to work on this. He doesn't need to know every thing that we are doing, not now at least; we still have to discuss what we are going to talk about at the trial. I already have an idea of what I want to say—"

"You are not speaking at the trial."

His tone seemed final, as if he won't be convinced otherwise, but Hermione only rolled her eyes as she spoke.

"Shut up. I am not asking for your permission. If I want to talk, I will talk. You will need as much help as you can get  for your father's sentence to be appealed. And I don't want to be the one that breaks it to you, but it won't be easy."

Draco met her eyes, and before drowning in the honey melting in them, he took ahold of her hand and pulled her to stand with him. He met his friends' eyes and said. "We will see you guys later,"

He didn't miss Blaise's wink as he pulled Hermione with him to the outside of the Great Hall, but right now, the only thing that was on his mind was what he was going to say to Hermione and how he was going to convince her of what he thinks is the best.

She stopped halfway through the hall and pulled his hand so he could stop as well before speaking. "Draco, where the heck are we going?"