Chapter 32

A/N:- I am so sorry for the late update! These two weeks have been a mess! Enjoy this cute chapter!

***

After the ball ended, Blaise led all of them to their rooms. Unsurprisingly, they all had separate bedrooms. But that didn't stop Draco from sneaking into Hermione's room and sleeping next to her. It's didn't take long for Hermione to face him and rest her head on his chest, falling asleep while listening to his steady heartbeat.

They woke up hungover, but Draco had thankfully given Hermione some of the muggle pills that he keeps on him at all times. The pills worked pretty well, but that didn't stop Hermione from cringing at every noise, be it loud or quiet. That's why when they were on their way back to Hogwarts on the Express, they all decided to sit in separate compartments. Draco and Hermione didn't hesitate as they both found a compartment of their own and sat together, both taking shifts to sleep so they don't miss the stopping of the train.

They had a few conversations on their way back to Hogwarts, most of them about important topics, some of them...not so much.

One of the most important topics was about their new relationship.

"Will we tell everyone else?" Hermione had asked. Personally, she wanted to wait for a while before announcing her relationship with Draco. It wasn't as if she didn't want them to know, but she wanted to have some alone and quiet time with Draco. The beginning of the relationship is always the best part, and she would like to spend that time with Draco without having people inquire about their relationship.

Draco had pursed his lips before answering, and Hermione couldn't be happier about his answer. "I would like to keep our relationship a secret for a while. I just want to spend some more time with you. I don't want to spend my time answering questions about our relationship. People don't have the right to judge or inquire about our relationship anyways. I just want to spend my time with you, I want to spend all of my time with you. No one deserves my attention as much as you deserve it, Granger. I intend to make the best of our time together." His tone was gentle and quiet and so loving. Hermione loved it. She loved how his attention was on her most of the time. She loved how he took notice of the little things and pointed them out and talked about how much he loves them. She loved how he put a lot of effort to make her happy in their relationship.

She really loved all of it.

She had smiled and nodded at that, smiling more widely when he smiled softly back at her. Later on, he had stood up and walked towards her, sitting down next to her and holding her face in his hands while looking at her with an almost unreal expression on his face. It all seemed out of space. Out of the whole world. It seemed so heavenly and Hermione had wanted to draw his expression on parchment and keep the picture with her forever. She had wanted a piece of him everywhere she goes.

He had spoken so softly, his voice angelic and so, so beautiful. "I want to make you the happiest you have ever been. You deserve to feel so happy, Hermione. You deserve to feel special. You deserve someone to appreciate you just as much as you appreciate your books," she had broken a smile at that, and Draco couldn't help but do the same. He couldn't stop himself. He always smiled when Hermione smiled.

"You deserve everything that you have and more, and I will do my best to give you everything that I have, even if my everything isn't enough for you. I will do every single thing that I can do to make you feel whole and relieved and happy. Your happiness will always be my top one priority." He had kissed her forehead after that and threaded his fingers through her hair. Hermione had sighed softly at the touch of his lips on her skin and smiled before grabbing his face and connecting their lips together, slowly and gently.