Chapter 14

A few days have passed and it was almost the weekend, but those few days were most certainly interesting to say the least.

Apparently, some Hufflepuffs have been going around, throwing spells and jinxes at the Slytherins and whoever hangs out with them, and Hermione's friends were no difference.

Since these awful pranks have started, Daphne got jinxed and what Draco did to Neville in first year apparently happened to her.

The irony.

Blaise got a few scratches along with Theo. Pansy and Draco deflected all of the spells thrown their way, alongside hexing those Hufflepuffs for good measure.

The Gryffindors on the other hand, weren't as lucky.

Yesterday, Ron was thrown to a wall, as he was walking down the hallway with Daphne, completely minding his own business.

They didn't get to see which students did it but they were sure it was a Hufflepuff because the robes were yellow.

Hermione was sick and tired of the childish and petty behavior, couldn't they see that the Slytherins actually changed?

She suspected that something —someone— was encouraging them to do that stuff.

So that is why when Hermione saw some Hufflepuffs talking to professor Alvaro, she didn't waste any time in telling professor McGonagall and her friends.

She got out of her conversation with professor McGonagall with a "I'll need to make sure of these accusations." And a "Please keep an eye on professor Alvaro for the time being."

It wasn't enough, but it wasn't bad either.

Though, Hermione was certain that professor Alvaro was not who people think he is.

He is not that cheerful, happy and joyful professor, and Hermione was determined to find out the truth about him.

But for the time being, Hermione would stay in the library and sit on the windowsill, reading one of her favorite books.

The sun was setting down, orange, red and slight purple colored the sky, soon going to change to only blue and purple.

A few students were in the library, doing some of their last minute studies, Hermione rolled her eyes at how everyone was procrastinating.

She had her back leaned against one end of the windowsills while her legs were stretched on the small bench of it.

She would glance at the sky from time to time, relishing in the feeling of relaxation that took over her whenever she would come face to face with some of the constellations.

Constellations that her and Draco talked about only a few nights ago.

She shook her head, as if to shake the memories away, but that didn't stop the scent of Amortentia to fly by her, enhancing her smelling senses.

Apparently, some people thought it would be okay to brew love potion in the library, as if they wouldn't get caught.

It was by accident, really,

That the smell she smelt now was almost the same as two years ago.

Almost.

For this time, instead of smelling new parchment and freshly mowed grass, Hermione only smelt the mint, along with another smell that she couldn't decipher.