Why Wear Shoes When you have to Strip

A/N:

I am so so so sorry for the long hold. It has been a crazy two months and I have taken some well needed time away from everything. But I'm back and better and really hoping that you guys can forgive me (*Makes cute Puss in Boots eyes*)

As always, let me know what you all think!

Without further delay-

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Cole's POV

I watched her jump around, look at something in her phone, and then go to her laptop and open up a bunch of documents. She looked fierce, intense, and detective-like. A sleuth.

"Sienna, if you tell me what you're looking for, I could help you."

She broke out of her focus, looking dazed and I almost laughed. Had she forgotten I was here?

"I- uh. I'm looking for a particular law."

"A law?"

"Yes, something Reece was working on with Queen Karifa last year, during the transition period."

Okay, I wouldn't know much about the politics of it all, I was a peacekeeper - and not the Hunger Games kind.

I leaned over her shoulder, watching the screen as her fingers flew around the keyboard like little birds. She stiffened the slightest bit at our proximity, but otherwise continued to do her work.

"Aha! Yes, It's right here." Her finger pointed at the title of the document. It was a royal decree.

"I don't understand." I said after a moment and she looked at me, frustrated. Not with me- with herself as she tried to muddle around her brain for the words.

"This decree! It was around last year that they released it, correct?" Her excitement was building. I wanted to kiss her.

Not till she asks, Cole. Keep it together.

"Yeah, it says so right here." I pointed at the date in the stamped seal. It was nearly fourteen months ago.

"Exactly! What if they're siblings?!" She jumped out of the chair in urgency.

I bent down and looked at the decree again.

'REDACTION OF PACK VOTING CEREMONY.'

"If I remember correctly, when a pack Alpha and Luna have multiple children, the pack could vote who they wanted as the successor to the title. Remember? They could decide who they wanted as their next leader from all the offsprings of their leaders. It was done to prevent the elder from inheriting everything and give the other siblings a fighting chance." She explained, her words flowing fast and making me pay attention to keep up.

That's right, don't think about those lips.

"But then, this led to further divides within packs. Siblings would try to sway their members and it led to inter-pack hatred and divide."

"Yes, I remember." I answered, getting where she was going.

"So, the palace reached a compromise, stating that only the parents could pick the successor - which of their child they wanted as the next ruling Alpha or Luna - the pack had no say. But it gave all the children a fair chance, unless of course sometimes there was a huge age gap." She continued and my head swirled as I walked closer to her.

"Are you saying that they're siblings?" I whispered and she cocked her head sideways, "Cole, I literally just said that to begin with."

Right.