Tips and Tricks

Sienna's POV

"Are you guys okay?"

"Sienna?"

I couldn't even fathom their words. My eyes met the same clear blue depths that were watching me with a new emotion now : wonder. His face had frozen in that position as he took me in. My wet hair spilling over my shoulders, and my cute short shorts and the boyish t-shirt that I was pretty sure I'd stolen from Reece at some point in our lives.

Our instincts allowed us both to stumble but neither of us fell. Cole had reached out to me as well, the gentleman that he was, which was why his hand was wrapped firmly around my wrist.

Which was also why his eyes were as wide as they were, and mine were wide too, but not in Cole's way of 'oh my god, it's you I've been looking for all my life,' but more like a deer in the headlights.

I quickly extracted my hand from his and that jerked him out of the spell. Drew came up the stairs, two at a time and saw us both standing perfectly fine.

"We thought you got hurt." He said, looking between us. Me, red faced and avoiding a certain Enforcer's glare, while the said Enforcer wouldn't even turn to look at Drew.

"Um, no we're fine." I said, my voice extra screechy and then made a turn to head downstairs, where there were witnesses.

You know, in case I decided to hurl myself at him or something.

"Sienna," Cole called after me as I passed by a confused Drew.

I turned to look at him, my eyes completely unreadable, "Yes?"

I should have asked him something, like 'oh what are you doing in my house?' or 'What are you doing upstairs?' would have been good questions.

"Where's the bathroom?" I could already hear the gears turning in his head. He was trying to understand how to navigate this situation. I was human, and alien to his world. If we had been alone, and I was barely wearing any clothes, I was sure to have been marked by now, and given him a mark as well. He was also trying to not jump me, just as much as I was. Thank goddess for Drew.

"Oh, there's one downstairs." I told him and Drew laughed.

"Alright, lead the way." Cole said. A brilliant smile had replaced his face. He'd gone from wonder, shock, amazement, restrain, analytical and finally settled on happiness.

He was happy! It made me happy and that made me mad.

"Umm, yes." I told him. I was in for a long night.

We walked downstairs and I just gave him instructions, taking utmost care to not touch his hand or brush past him. Maybe I could still convince him that he'd simply imagined it.

Maybe. But scent was nothing compared to touch and since he'd already felt the mate bond, it was a long shot.

In the drawing room, Lei was looking at me with a mischievous expression, and just like that, I knew. "You gave him the wrong directions, didn't you?"

She raised her hands in a defensive gesture, "He's amazing! He literally saved Zia's life and he looks like he's into you!" I smacked my head against my palm, trying not to shout at her for the plan that she'd inadvertently solidified for me.

"He does look like he's into you." Drew supplied from next to me and I groaned, "Guys! I'm not looking for anything, or anyone!" I reiterated and Zia sighed, "This girl is hopeless. Anyway, we asked him to chill with us for the night."

I nodded, but internally groaned.

"Why is he here, anyway?" I asked and Zia shrugged.

"He lives right next door, he came to check up on us, after the whole thing." Zia supplied innocently and I sighed. Well, that was nice of him..but he was supposed to have left town already!