Get Physical

Sienna's POV

"So you're saying that they're after me?"

"We don't know that for sure, but we do think so." April answered my question as Cole poured himself a glass of water.

No, I wasn't a monster. I did offer them food but they said they'd already eaten.

"This all would be so much easier if we just knew who your father is. We could figure out his enemies and go from there."

"Look man, I don't think this is about me. I'm positive that nobody knows who I am. Besides, why would they wait up till now? I'm sure that if people wanted me dead, I'd be dead."

Cole's fist clenched the smallest bit at this and I saw April give him a glance. Oh, right. For him I was a weak human and he had to protect me.

Balls.

"Look, we promise no harm will come to your family - we just need this to help protect you." April tried and I shook my head.

"You don't get it. I've been trying to cut off ties. I mind my own business. I never wanted to get involved in any of this 'werewolf stuff' and I wouldn't even know where he is - if people are trying to get to him through me." I suggested and The Enforcer sighed.

"Why won't you let us help you?" He asked me straight out and I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Because - this is all too suspicious. Why are you helping me anyway? Werewolves and hunters fight all the time. I hardly see this as a reason an Enforcer of the royal court is getting involved. Why do you want to help me?"

They exchanged a glance and I realized that this wasn't the time to edge him on. If he ended up confessing that I was his mate he would watch me like a hawk for signs of flight.

"Alright, you know what? I don't even want to know - because I don't want to get deeper into this!" I said quickly.

Cole relaxed the slightest bit. April looked at me with something akin to doubt.

"How much do you know about werewolves, exactly?" She asked me, her eyes narrowing infinitesimally. I remained calm, knowing that my heartbeat would otherwise give me away.

"Nothing much. You'll live a long time, you have super strength and speed in both human and wolf forms, you live in packs. People cast out are called rogues - they're the dangerous ones - generally." I felt the need to add generally because I knew that there was a high chance that a rogue was what my designation was going to be if I ran away.

There should be a name for people who voluntarily leave their pack - lone wolf, or something?

"Anything else?" Cole asked, edging closer to me and my heartbeat quickened. I hoped that he thought he was just scaring me.

"Umm, silver affects you - hinders healing in your human form and burns in your wolf form. Besides that? I don't think I know a lot. Just your weak spots and hierarchy."

Cole seemed to believe me, but April was still a little apprehensive. I shuddered, getting up, taking my plate in my hand.

"Look, I don't know why you guys are testing me. Trust me on this - I want nothing to do with the werewolf world. This life I have here is my haven and my reality and it is the only one I am interested in. From where I stand, I am hardly a threat - much lesser compared to you guys and your hidden agendas and attacking humans in the middle of camping or attacking the university student in the woods? Isn't it like a forbidden crime to harm a human?"

April looked offended while Cole, he actually looked ashamed. I felt bad for my monologue but I wanted to be very clear on the fact that whatever he was selling, I was not interested.