Flint Stones

Sienna's POV

"Yeah! I drove past it today and they've opened it back to the public - I was thinking we could go camping? Let's do something low-key for a while? We all need the break." Lei suggested as we sat in the student's lounge in the university. Zia, Lei and I were eating lunch together before we split our separate ways for our classes and I contemplated what she said.

It was a Thursday, four days since the whole Charles fiasco and I'd not seen Cole since that night. It both eased and uneased me. I wanted him around me all the time, but I knew that that was just the mate bond taking effect. Meanwhile, I also wanted him gone, so that I could sit here and relax with my friends without the anticipation that was coursing through my veins. What was Cole up to? Had he decided to let me go? Maybe a human mate didn't eventually strike high within his priorities? I was both offended and relieved if that was true.

So many emotions - I could be a cocktail.

I kept looking over my shoulder. I'd seen some activity in that house but I'd never seen anyone inside. Had they already given it out to someone else? Twice, I'd almost called Reece to confess so that he could send Cole my way and then stopped. I needed to fight through this, if I was going to get my happily ever after.

Reece hadn't given me anything either, he'd been so busy lately that he'd had no time, but he hadn't even called to say anything along the lines of, 'I see you found your mate..' which relieved me. So maybe Cole hadn't told him anything yet. Maybe because if he wanted to leave me behind it would be best if the reigning king with a human mate didn't find out that he had one himself.

My plan had been to just reject his advances and basically cast him off to the side. I figured that if I was a big enough bitch and a burden he might not mark me - it happened at times. I just had to show restraint in terms of not jumping him, and not letting him jump me. Maybe I could make out with a few guys to make it worse and make it seem like I really didn't care for him.

But if he'd left already...well that certainly cleared things up for me.

I had, however, seen Charles lurking around today. It must have been bad if he had taken three days to heal from whatever it was that April and Cole did to him. He was missing three of his cronies and I knew that they were still perhaps on probation.

Charles had gotten away with a lighter sentence for now because he was Luna Pritt's son.

I ground my teeth in frustration. Reece had sent over the report to me and I'd read up on all the gory details of the night. Lucky for Charles, one of his posse took the blame for biting the girl and was already banished from the werewolf world. I could only assume that Luna Pritt had something to do with that.

Charles had been stripped of his Alpha title and would now be a lowly omega in his own pack. Luna Pritt had another ten years to have an heir, or else the packs would merge to hail Alpha Luca Deta as the sole Alpha.

"So, what do you say? We could really use the break." Zia was looking right at me and I realized that I'd missed their conversation.

"Huh?"

"Seriously, Sienna? You've been lost all week, what's going on?" Zia asked me, slightly irritated and I looked at her sheepishly. I'd barely gotten any sleep this week too. The side effects of meeting your mate and then being away from him. I felt like dead weight and my eyes were all baggy. Not to mention that I had stayed up a lot this week to catch up on assignments.

"Ah, nothing man, I'm sorry." I told her and Lei snorted, "I bet it's a certain blue eyed hunk of a man who's consuming her thoughts."

At that, I was beetroot. "What? No! It's not- he's not - oh whatever!"