What a Molehill

A/N:  I  know I know I know. It's been too long. I missed you guys too. I'm sorry *makes a cute wide eyed face* but here's a nice long chapter as an apology with a promise to try and never leave you guys without an update for so long again ^_^

===================================

Sienna's POV

"How old was she?" I heard some man with a notepad ask and Radley ignored him. He needed to focus on keeping the media away for now. For the third time my eyes went back to the car where Richard and his daughter were seated huddled. Zia refused to get out of the car, and nobody forced her. Mentally, she was a little fragile and according to the buzz, Margo Miyaki had been mauled. I hadn't even cut through the crowd yet. I had to play the part of another curious human. And Cole had warned me to not get close to the body, it wasn't a sight I would forget.

He watched me like I watched them, unable to comfort me in public because there were several werewolves around us. It looked like the whole town had gathered around the scene, and the police could barely do anything to keep them out.

Amidst all the chaos, the camera flashes and loud whispers was a certain mayor. She was sobbing into the shoulder of a man - someone I didn't recognize but the newspapers had written him off as someone she was dating at the moment.

For a moment I considered her not guilty. What if her only crime was raising a spoiled brat who couldn't handle the jealousy he had towards his step sister? If this was true, then the stress from the re-election, from Cole and the rest of the Enforcers, as well as the heat from the public for not solving the crimes in the neighbourhood, along with his territorial wars would certainly make anyone go on the defensive.

We needed to figure out what was going on and fast. She wouldn't kill someone from her own staff, it didn't make sense anymore. Not with the way she was weeping.

Cole seemed to be wondering the same thing as he looked between Pritt and April. They were linking each other, and I felt left out from the conversation. April and Hugo left the scene without a word, while Cole walked to a few of his men and gave them instructions via link as well.

They walked back to the car, and drove back with Richard and Zia. I'd already made a copy of the keys so that Zia could get in whenever she wanted.

I looked at Cole and raised an eyebrow, everyone seemed to be doing something but I was just standing here, feeling useless. I decided to get to him, discuss a plan of action. Most people had been asked to leave anyway. Luna Pritt was getting into a car as well, to avoid the paparazzi that had a million questions for her. Local authorities were still analyzing the ground for clues. Cole wanted to analyze the body before it got taken away by the medical professionals for a proper autopsy. The pathologist at the morgue wouldn't be able to provide much, seeing as the cause of death was beyond obvious. The body was still lying on the floor, they couldn't move it until they had everything they wanted, but the police had the decency to cover it up. Most locals had left, seeing as nobody would give them any information and it was getting really late. News vans were being directed and given out a time for the official press conference.

Cole walked over to me and said, "We're riding with Radley to the morgue. I can't take a look at it here without attracting the media. Ms. Miyaki has been ... mangled." Even as he said it, he swallowed. I didn't want to imagine the horror he'd seen.

I nodded, wordlessly. There were just a few people left. Cole and I followed the chief's car in mine - Cole was driving - keeping the ambulance at the forefront. She had been discovered dead, her body already cold, and there was nowhere to go but to the morgue.