Thug Life

A/N: If you haven't read Disguise, a section of this chapter might seem like a filler - but it's important for my timeline! ^.^ It's not very long though, and it doesn't spoil anything for Disguise if you haven't read it yet (that's fine haha)

Cole's POV

"I'm telling you! I. Don't. Know!" He reiterated for what felt like the millionth time. "I don't even know how they sneaked up on me! A werewolf!" His wounded pride was none of my concern, but his words rang true. No human would know to maintain the level of quiet it would take to sneak up on a werewolf.

It had to be someone who knew of our existence.

"They attacked me right between a shift - so foolish and dangerous!" He added.

Foolish? Yes. Dangerous? Definitely. But if executed right it was the most effective and quick way to get a werewolf down. Our underbelly went through the most changes during a shift - it was also our weakest point - apart from our neck.

"Honestly Cole, I don't think that he's lying!" April told me, walking closer to us. She leaned forward, her hands on either armrest of the chair to which she'd tied him up. April gave him a death stare, but continued talking to me. "We should be asking more important questions, like why was he out there attacking them?"

He shivered under her gaze, and I was sure that if I let her continue to glare at him we were going to need some diapers in here.

"Look, I know nothing! I was given some money by the other two to help rough them up. That's all! Please don't report me to Luna Pritt! I swear she knows nothing and I don't want to get into trouble! I just needed the money!"

"Is that what you expect us to believe? That you're a werewolf but also a hireable hitman?" April asked him, her disdain evident in her words.

It wouldn't be uncommon. Werewolves often used their strength and heightened senses to hold jobs like this - police officers, firefighters but also ... thugs, hitmen.

Enforcers often had to rid the world of people like him too.

"So you're saying that Pritt has no idea that you're doing this? What about Charles?" I asked and he shrank back into the chair, the ropes rubbing against his skin with any movement.

"No! Please, she'll throw me out of the pack for this violation!" He begged.

April laughed a mocking laugh while I looked at him with disgust. Of course he didn't want to be a rogue, nobody allowed them on pack lands and they were very distrusted. He'd go insane from loneliness.

"You deserve to be thrown out. But not before you give us the names of the people you were with. They escaped by the time I got to them in the morning." April told him and he shook his head.

"It doesn't work that way - I don't use my real name and nor do they." He told her and I sighed.

"So I dragged your sorry ass back here for nothing?" April asked him, but her eyes were sending a different message - say something now or else..

"I swear! All three of us were just hired - we didn't think it was anything related to pack business! I mean, they are human!" He spluttered but I just scoffed. His willful blindness would be his demise.

"Well then you're of no use to us." I swore and his eyes widened in alarm as he struggled against the ropes.

"No! Please!"

"Sorry, but you know that the Enforcer is in town - and I can't have you babbling that to anyone."

He struggled violently among the binds but there wasn't much that he could do, tied to a chair, inferior to my strength. A quick twist of his neck was all that I needed.