The Secret

Sienna's POV

"It's just another day. Just another day. I just need to hand in this assignment and then head to meet my friends." I chanted to myself as I headed towards one of the university buildings to drop-off an assignment that was due.

My classes for the day were over, and after three hours in the library finishing the very scribble of words that were about to be handed in, all I wanted was to go and get a massage.

They were just so relaxing, so painfully pleasurable.

Just like Cole's scent.

Don't think about him Sienna, you are stronger than this longing.

After a couple more phone calls - most of them directed to my parents - Reece remained stubborn and the plan remained unchanged. To make matters worse, my parents weren't even a neutral party! They agreed with him faster than I could sign the 'S' in my name! It had been four days since the incident and I had no idea what was going to happen. Reece had conveniently ignored my calls of query, informing me that 'Cole would show up when he would show up.'

Frustrating piece of shit.

I spotted Kyle and Drew waiting for me at the base of the building steps. I'd asked them to meet me here and then we were going to go play volleyball for another hour or so. If I couldn't get a massage, this was the next best thing.

Although, perhaps I would book an appointment soon.

"Sup, Foxy?" Drew chimed in with a sultry wink and I cracked up. He'd been calling me this since a while now and it had grown on me. I liked that they were easy-going. Kyle was dedicated to Lei and Drew was single, but he had never hit on me or even made a move. He was just a fun guy to flirt around with.

"Hiii! Sorry I'm late - these assignments are just the death of me-"

"It's fine Sienna, go drop it off and we'll wait for you." Kyle told me, holding the door open to the building and I gave them a hurried smile as I went inside. It must not have taken me longer than five minutes to go in, find the professor's cabin and have a small conversation with him before I got back outside.

And in those five minutes, everything changed.

He was acting so natural. So breezy, that for a second I thought that he knew them longer than I did. My mind was blank but my feet carried me automatically to my friends, and perhaps to him, as I pushed the door open.

Scent-sealer, check.

Beard, check.

Student attire, check.

University of Geone's stick-on card holder on the back of his phone, check.

Fuck me.

Cole was just as mouth watering as before, even without the shaggy beard, and the different haircut. He looked thinner too, how was that even possible?

"Oh, Sienna - meet Cole. He's in one of my accounting classes as of today!"

Lucky for me, I was at the top of the entrance steps and they were at the bottom so Cole didn't extend a handshake. And before he did, I just waved politely, detached in my behavior.

"Hello."

Cole gave me a smooth gaze, I think he was wondering if I recognized him from earlier - with Charles or as the stranger who had asked him for directions to Lake Ora. I schooled my features to hide any surprise but I knew that my heartbeat was skyrocketing. So was his.

I tried to calm down and think of other things and tried to think up a quick excuse as I walked down to them, careful not to get anywhere close to him.