Freight Collision

Sienna's POV

"Are you and Cole dating?"

"WHAT?!" I nearly shrieked.

"I told you they aren't!"

"But I mean, I had to ask! He's been with her every single minute of this week!"

"I know, but if they were, she'd have told us that they are! Right?" Lei looked at me in anticipation and I just cringed at their thought process.

"I will definitely tell you guys if I start dating." I told her and she laughed, "I know, Sienna, it was rhetorical."

"But he definitely likes you!" Zia observed and I rolled my eyes at her. I knew this, but I wasn't going to dig myself a deeper grave.

"I'm serious! He looks like he's starstruck! Yesterday, I saw him drop her outside one of her classes, and then he stood there for another minute, just looking at her from the outside, before heading to his own class!" Zia insisted and I just laughed. He was probably looking at the other people and analyzing threats.

But he did like me. Did werewolves even have that stage or were they directly head over heels?

"I'm sure he just thinks I'm a good friend. He lives right next to me and I've helped him get around and figure the city out." I said, explanatorily.

"Figure the city out? You're practically the worst person to show anyone around!" Lei commented and both of them laughed.

This was probably true. I'd barely explored the city. Definitely not as much as I would have liked to.

"Well then maybe he likes that we're both outsiders-"

"OUTSIDER! Oh Sienna, your words wound me!" Drew joined our conversation as he approached our cafeteria table.

I laughed, ever so dramatic.

"I just mean-"

"Nope, my ears cannot take more of your harshness." He sang, as he raised his bag to unzip it. Lei and Zia were trying to hold their laughter while I tried to get a word in edgewise.

"Drew-"

"I can't hear youuuuu." He sang, as he opened his own packed lunch. Out of the five of us, he was perhaps the most health conscious. I cooked on the weekends but most weekdays were take-out.

The cooks back at the palace would cringe. My mother would cringe.

"Either way, I have no interest in him." I tried to put the discussion to rest. Truth be told, some break from the protecting would be welcome. It was like bodyguards at the palace all over again!

"I don't know if he likes her, but he's a damn chill guy. Both of us think he's great." Drew commented, and then stuffed his face in food that looked too delicious for it to be homemade.

He deliberately avoided my eyes.

"Drew?"

"Hpgmh?" He mumbled as he chewed and I put my hand on his arm, trying to seem intimidating.

"Drew, did you call him for volleyball again?"

"Humghhmpp." He said again, making a show of taking another big bite even though he wasn't through swallowing the first one.

I frowned. How was I going to get rid of him?

"Drew!"

"It's just easier to play two on two! Since we've been teaching you it's hardly been fair - or fun."

"Ouch."

"Sienna, you know what I mean. Some friendly matches would be really fun - and the best way to learn - under pressure." He commented and I sighed. He was right, he was just in the dark.