•26•

————| It's all real |————

————
| It's all real |
————

Another body falls limp to the cold tile floor as Namjoon shoots a bodyguard dead. He checks the gun's chamber before reloading it and aiming it toward the empty hallway. "Did you get it?" Namjoon asks, pulling the trigger and hitting a bodyguard that turned the corner in the knee. Namjoon watched the bodyguard cry out as he collapsed to the floor.

Jin ignores Namjoon's desperation and turns to Hoseok, who broke the security card scanner and is attempting to hot-wire the door open. Hoseok cursed loudly as some of the wires shocked him, failing to open the door. "Focus, Hoseok!" Jin whispers and shouts, making Hoseok's blood boil. "I'm trying!" He soon assesses his hands deftly moving as he hot-wired the red and blue cord which had the system, unlocking the door with a satisfying beep.

"Cover us, Namjoon," Hoseok said, pushing open the restricted area door so Jin and he could slip inside. Jin turns around hastily, grabs Namjoon's arm, and tanks him inside before Hoseok closes the heavy metal door. They find themselves in a deserted hallway with walls painted a light neutral color of grey and linoleum floors. The lighting was bright and fluorescent to ensure visibility for everyone.

Namjoon took the lead aiming his gun ahead as he cautiously walked forward. Hoseok, now drawing out his weapon, occasionally points into empty rooms before moving on to the next. Jin remained close behind, looking into the open spaces as they passed them in a hurry. Some of the rooms had windows to look into the spacious technical room, while other rooms were small and frosted for privacy.

"In here," Jin calls out to Namjoon and Hoseok as he peeks into the open doorway of a well-lit room. Quite and deserted like the rest of the rooms, Jin thought. Hoseok tucked the gun in his waist belt before following Jin as Namjoon stood guard at the doorway.

Jin and Hoseok cautiously walked into the room, their eyes wide with wonder as they took in the sight before them. The room was filled with high-tech machines of all shapes and sizes, each with its own unique purpose. Some machines hummed with activity, while others sat idle, waiting for their next task. The walls were adorned with large screens displaying data and graphs, and the air was filled with the faint whirring of motors and the beeps and chirps of electronic devices.

Research papers were scattered about the room, some stacked neatly on desks and others strewn haphazardly across the floor. Some documents were yellowed with age, while others were crisp and new, filled with notes and calculations. Just by a single glance, it was hard to read over the information the researchers were looking for.

They walk around, picking up different pieces of paper and reading through information. "Discovered that a new compound has the potential to significantly increase crop yields, without the use of harmful chemicals." Jin read out before placing the paper back down. "That's something you don't hear every day," Namjoon remarked, still standing guard. "There has to be something that could help us understand." That was not helpful, but it was quite an exciting concept.