•43•

——————————| The Boss & Mr

——————————
| The Boss & Mr. Jeon |
——————————

The boss, with his head, held high, briskly walked down the corridors of the towering skyscraper that housed his company headquarters. His tailored suit hugged his broad frame, and his shiny shoes clicked along the polished marble floor as he strode down the hall. A few bodyguards followed close behind, their eyes scanning the area for potential threats.

As he passed by the employees, they hurried out of his way or nodded their heads in acknowledgment of his authority. Some of them whispered to each other, wondering what important business the boss had to attend to.

The boss paying no mind, neared his office, pulled out his access card, and swiped it on the door. The security system beeped twice, indicating that he was granted access. He pushed the door open and strode inside, his bodyguards taking position outside the room, standing guard.

The boss walks into his office, flicking on the light switch. The dimly lit room comes to life as the fluorescent bulbs hum. He glances around the space, taking in the familiar surroundings: the mahogany desk, the leather chairs, and the expensive artwork adorning the walls.

As he turns to make his way to his desk chair, his eyes fall on Mr. Jeon, who is seated in his office chair. The boss smirked at the sight of the older man taking another sip of his expensive whiskey. Mr. Jeon notices the boss's arrival and gestures for him to sit in one of the chairs in front of the desk.

The boss complies, adjusting his trench coat as he does. He crosses his legs before looking over at Mr. Jeon, who is now leaning back in his chair, his glass of whiskey clutched tightly in his hand. "To what do I owe the surprise?" the boss asks, his tone guarded but teasing.

Mr. Jeon takes another sip of his whiskey before setting the glass on the table. He leans forward, his eyes locked on the bosses. "I have some information that I think you'll find interesting," Mr. Jeon says, his voice low and measured.

The boss raises an eyebrow, intrigued. He leans back in his chair, arms crossed over his chest.

"Go on," he says, reaching over and snatching the glass of whiskey from Mr. Jeon's hand, "enlighten me." He takes a sip of the strong liquor feeling the burning sensation slide down his throat as he drinks it, the warmth spreading through his body.

Mr. Jeon leans back again in the desk chair, his eyes not wavering from the boss's. "The bodies you keep in those tanks that had entity attachments, are not useless," Mr. Jeon says. "They are useless to us, but they are not useless to the ones with an active demon attachment."

The boss's eyes narrow at Mr. Jeon's words. He knows that the entity attachments that they have been collecting are valuable, but he has always assumed that once the human body dies, the demon does, too, rendering the bodies of no use.