•20•

——————| Broken Family |——————

——————
| Broken Family |
——————

Jungkook's body shifted as he stirred in his sleep, his face creasing in discomfort as he struggled to find a comfortable position in the unfamiliar bed. The sheets felt stiff against his skin, not at all like the soft and well-worn linens he was used to. As he shifted again, he couldn't shake the uneasy feeling that something was off.

With a deep sigh, Jungkook reluctantly opened his eyes, his gaze taking in the strange and unfamiliar room around him. The high ceiling was blank and featureless, lacking any of the details or decorations that he was used to seeing in the mansions he stayed in. As he sat up and swung his legs over the edge of the bed, he still couldn't quite place where he was.

Cocking his head to the side, he peered out of the glass, trying to discern any familiar landmarks or buildings. But all he could see was a nondescript street, lined with ordinary buildings of apartments and shops. It could have been any city, anywhere. Jungkook furrowed his brows in confusion, wondering just where he had ended up.

The room was shrouded in darkness, with only the light of the full moon and stars illuminating the space with a blueish glow. The expensive furniture around the spacious room reflected the moonlight, casting shadows and dimly lit corners into sharp relief. As Jungkook sat up in bed, he squinted his eyes, adjusting to the eerie ambiance of the room.

His gaze was drawn to the chandelier hanging above him, a dazzling display of crystal and light. When the moonbeams struck it just so, the gems twinkled and danced, casting a soft sparkle across the room. Pondering why such opulence was present in this dark, mysterious room, he instinctively scanned his surroundings, searching for any clues that might piece together the identity of this lavish bedroom.

Jungkook pushed the heavy blankets that clothed his body off and sat on the edge of the bed, his legs dangling over the side. Despite the comfortable mattress beneath him, the eerie atmosphere of the room caused his adrenaline to pump faster, informing him this was no ordinary night. He noticed his clothes, though slightly rumpled, still clung to his frame. His flannel was hanging on the back of a chair that rested near the door.

Jungkook's hand fumbled on the nightstand desk until he finally located the switch for the lamp on the top. He didn't realize how much the darkness had quickened his heartbeat until the brightness of the lamp blinded him. Blinking a few times to clear his sight, he finally focused on the objects surrounding him. However, in his haste to break off the shroud of darkness, he knocked over a picture frame, sending it clattering to the polished wooden floor.

As Jungkook bent down to retrieve the fallen frame, his eyes caught the photograph image framed within it. A jolt of disbelief ran through him as he gazed intensely at it. Surprised by the image staring back at him, his heart rate spiked again when he realized that it was an old picture of him with his father.