•28•

————| Junkyard |————

————
| Junkyard |
————

Jin parked the car by the rustic gate and glanced around the surrounding area. The junkyard was well hidden by the thick trees surrounding it, and the garbage and destroyed cars piled up everywhere made it look abandoned.

"Is this the place?" Jin asked, turning to look at Hoseok. Hoseok looks up from his GPS to confirm they are in the right place. "This is it." Jin nodded and took a deep breath before stepping out of the car.

As they approached the gate, Jin noticed a padlock securing it shut. Jin grabbed the lock from the other side and used his weight by leaning back to try and break it off, but it wouldn't budge. He tried a few more times, but it seemed like the lock was too sturdy to be broken by his efforts alone.

Jungkook laid a hand on the older's shoulder and smiled reassuringly. Jin stepped back, slightly defeated, and stood beside Hoseok while Jungkook approached the gate. Jungkook grabbed the rusted poles of the gate, his muscles bulging as he took a deep breath.

With one swift push, the gate flew open and broke off its hinges, landing harshly on the ground with a loud crash, revealing the vast expanse of the junkyard beyond.

They walked through the opening and onto the dirt road that snaked its way through the piles of junked cars. The place was eerily quiet, and the only sounds that could be heard were the distant chirping of birds and the rustling of leaves.

Hoseok turned to his team and said, "Let's split up and cover more ground. If you find something, holler." He made sure his gun was still in his holster before walking off, his senses on high alert. Jin went his own way, leaving Jungkook to continue walking the solid pathway.

Jungkook had been searching for the underground bunker for hours. He had checked every nook and cranny of the abandoned factory, but he couldn't find anything. He was starting to get frustrated.

"Two hours have passed, and I still can't find anything!" Jungkook yelled, hoping that his friends would hear him. He looked around for Jin and Hoseok, but no sign of them.

Jungkook rolled his eyes, feeling irritated. He couldn't believe that his friends had disappeared without a word, leaving him to search for the bunker alone. He decided to check the other side of the junkyard, hoping that he might have missed something. He looked under cars and behind carts, but still, he couldn't find anything.

After a few more minutes of searching, Jungkook decided to give up. He couldn't do this on his own. He needed his friends' help. "Hey, guys!" he yelled, hoping they would hear him. But all he got in return was dead silence.

Jungkook's frustration was starting to turn into anger. "Where the hell are they?" he muttered under his breath. Jungkook was walking through the abandoned junkyard when he heard a voice whisper in his ear. "Look down," the voice said, and Jungkook immediately stopped in his tracks.