•13•

———————| Breaking Point |———————

———————
| Breaking Point |
———————

"What was all that about?" Namjoon asks, looking at Jimin and Hoseok with a questioning expression. He was just fine when they got here and when he told off the Gwan family. Jimin and Hoseok both shrugged, not knowing what sudden change had happened to Jungkook.

"He's probably just overwhelmed by all this." Jin gestures all around them at the crowd of people laughing, drinking, and having a good time. It was a spur-of-the-moment decision to bring the younger to get a feel of what his life will look like with them daily. So far, from what the boys put together, Jungkook only enjoyed the food portion of the night.

Yoongi sighs as he takes another sip of his wine while looking around the grand room of people. If Yoongi had, to be honest, he never fathomed liking this kind of event, but they only came to keep their company's names at the top for business.

His stepfather made a fortune to start this company and gave it over to Yoongi when he passed away when Yoongi had just turned 20. He wasn't ready to take over his stepfather's company, but the work for the job came to him, so naturally, that struggling wasn't an obstacle for him.

He sets his wine glass down on the white table cloth leaning back in his chair. They usually stayed at these events until most of everyone was leaving, followed in pursuit. Yoongi admired all the different colored dress suits and tuxedos the men wore, and the women wore sparkly dresses to try and stand out. Yoongi didn't find any interest in any of them, for he hated them or wasn't his type, so he tore his gaze away from the crowded main floor to the other side of the fancy room.

One group of men standing in a corner glanced over the shoulders at the crowd. They were whispering and exchanging information and sometimes even looked at each other to communicate with their eyes.

Just seeing that made Yoongi feel uneasy as he looked back at the crowd to see who they were trying to pinpoint in it. He looks over to the other side of the room, away from the men, to see another group of men who stand in position as if waiting for something. Once again, Yoongi tears his gaze to the other side of the room in the corner, and more men are lined up in suits waiting as well. The crowd was distracted even to notice the suspicious men around the room.

Yoongi glances over his shoulder to see more men like the others standing close to their table. The men made conversation before one of the men, who wore a dark blue tuxedo, looked up the stairs to a man in a red tuxedo nodding his head, and they all started to advance toward the crowd and some at them. It was some trap. Yoongi finally puts two and two together as he takes the butter knife on his table and slips it into his hands.

"Namjoon." Yoongi taps him making him lean in towards Yoongi. "This is a trap." That was all Yoongi had to say before Namjoon snapped his attention to the many groups of men perched around the room. They should've come armed. Namjoon examines the group of men, and his heartbeat quickens when seeing a shiny and shaped weapon in one of their hands. A gun.