•30•

——————| Police Chief |——————

——————
| Police Chief |
——————

A cool breeze lingers in the air as they make their way hastily back to the car. Namjoon stops in his tracks, causing Jin to bump into him. "What is it?" Jimin asks, concerned, looking at Namjoon, whose mind is still racing. Namjoon's eyes flickered to Jungkook, who was clutching his burned hand, and then back to Jimin.

"Jungkook, your hand," Jimin says, his voice laced with worry.

Jungkook quickly hides his hand, not wanting to worry his friends. But they all knew the truth. Jungkook used his strength to bend the metal, and the burning metal burned his hand. "Let me see it," Jin says, stepping closer to Jungkook.

Reluctantly, Jungkook extends his hand out to Jin, who inspects the burns. "We need to treat this," Jin says, his tone firm.

"I'm fine; it's just a burn," Jungkook tries to protest, but the pain is evident on his face. "Jungkook, we can't take any chances–" Jungkook stops Namjoon from talking by placing his non-injured hand on his shoulder. He knew what Namjoon was getting at but didn't want him to continue. His injured hand can wait.

The moment was then interrupted by several police cars cutting them off completely. The officers got out of their vehicles, standing guard as they surveyed the scene.

One of the officers exiting the vehicle caught Jungkook's eye, making him curse. It was Detective Guk Doo, a familiar face he had met. As Guk Doo left the car, he spotted Jungkook and made eye contact. Jungkook's heart sank as he tried to avoid the detective's gaze. He tried to hide his injured hand in his jacket, hoping no one would notice.

Guk Doo kept a close eye on Jungkook, his eyes filled with confusion and concern, looking at the boy's state. The younger boy had cinders and dirt all over his body, and his hair was a mess, somewhat covering his face. He looked exhausted like he had been through a lot.

Guk Doo was going to speak, but the arrival of the police sheriff kept him quiet. The captain had a reputation for being mean and vindictive. Jungkook knew that because the man had a long memory and had kept tabs on him for the longest time.

As the captain's car pulled up, Guk Doo opened the passenger's door for him, a small gesture of respect that Taehyung found hard to stomach, especially for a guy like him. The captain emerged from the car with a smirk, giving a petty round of applause as he approached the group of boys.

Taehyung rolled his eyes, already wanting to disappear from the situation. He knew damn well that the captain would make things difficult for everyone. The sheriff chuckled as he eventually stopped in front of Jungkook, earning a glowering expression from the younger man. "This better be good," he quipped, his tone skeptical.

"Why in the world are the most stubborn, not to mention wealthy jerks, hanging out here with a minor?" he stated, more as an observation than a question.