•37•

———| Alone |———

———
| Alone |
———

It's been a long, eventful day for Jungkook and to say he was exhausted was an understatement. Never in his lifetime had he used his powers more frequently than now, which was genuinely draining. He wished he could still be at home watching tv with his mom, not giving a care in the world of what was happening outside of it. But he chose to be here. He made a chioce to accept this job.

Of course, knowing the risks of being around famous people, it still became hard to come to terms with that. The silence from Jungkook was deafening in the car as they drove back home. Jungkook tried to look like he was fine and had himself together, but the others knew that wasn't the case. But they remained silent.

It was probably best to let the younger be lost in his thoughts to try and cope with them. Jungkook gazed out the car window watching pedestrians walk by, and the tall buildings fade into view. They were almost home, and he needed time alone. He needed more rest. The sun was setting in the distance as they soon arrived in front of the mansion, being greeted by the butler and Hana. "There you guys are!" She exclaimed. "Where did you guys go?"

Namjoon adjusted his suit jacket before replying to Hana with a fake smile to keep her happy. "It was nothing major; sorry to worry you." Hana nodded understanding, following the boys up the stairs and into the mansion.

The foyer of the estate that was destroyed was now cleaned up and fixed. "I forgot to tell you, the butler and I called someone to fix up the damage. It was the least we could do while we waited for you." Hana said, bowing and the butler doing so too. Namjoon's fake smile turns into a genuine smile at those words. "Thank you."

Jungkook, still in thought, makes his way down the hallway towards his room, not paying mind to the eye's watching him leave. He enters the bedroom, closing the door behind him and his back against the wood. A shaky sigh escapes Jungkook's mouth as he slides to the floor, burying his face in his knees. He didn't want anyone to see him like this. Jungkook wanted people to see him as strong and capable of facing anything that came his way but now, it was different.

Everything was happening too fast for him to comprehend, and Jungkook felt like he was losing his mind, and now that reality finally caught up with him, it made him want to run. A soft cry leaves the younger's mouth as he hugs his knees closer to his chest. He was happy his mother was working, so he didn't have to witness him like this.

A gentle knock on the door was heard, but Jungkook didn't move. "Jungkook?" Hana's sweet voice spoke up, muffled by the door. Jungkook shakes his head as if to tell her to leave, even though she can't see the action. Just like any worried mother, Hana stayed put waiting. Jungkook could hear shuffling from the other side of the door and a small plop signaling that Hana sat on the floor.

"I'm not going anywhere, Jungkook," Hana said. She told the boys to get some rest while she talked to Jungkook. Even if Hana has to listen to Jungkook's rant about his feelings, then so be it, anything that would help the distressed boy cope. She could still hear Jungkook's cries which made her frown, but she kept quiet, waiting.

"What is wrong with me?" He says under his breath, wiping his tears. "Why am I like this?" "Like what?" Hana asked through the door leaning her head against it. "Weak, emotional, and–." Jungkook swallows the lump in his throat before continuing. "A monster." He didn't want to say that word, but when the words left his tongue, it felt right. Hana remained quiet, letting Jungkook vent his feelings.

"Can I be honest with you?" Jungkook asked, and the silence was his answer to continue. "I'm scared," Jungkook admits. "I'm so fucking scared. Even though I don't show it, the feeling is there, and it feels like torture." There was a long pause before he continued. "I help people, but I can't even help myself. I have to live with this demon inside of me, and I'm immortal. I can't die, and that scares me the most."

"So, not being able to die scares you?" Jungkook shakes his head, letting his head fall back onto the wooden door so he can look up at the ceiling. "I'm not afraid to die. I'm afraid of being left behind." Hana nods, staring at the blank wall in front of her. Even though she doesn't truly understand what is happening in the boy's life, she feels Jungkook is having a hard time but hearing it from his lips makes her heartbreak.

From what she gathered, Jungkook thinks of the future, and when everyone close to him passes away, he will be left alone. Hana, herself can't fathom living alone while all her loved ones are long gone forever. That would be hell on earth. "Jungkook. No one would understand what you are going through, especially me, but all I can say is you are here now."

Jungkook could hear more shuffling behind the door. "Your not a monster, and being weak and emotional isn't a bad thing. It just means you have a pure heart Jungkook and are human, despite what you call yourself. Having these powers and taking on this job, knowing the consequences, make you something special. Your mother must be so proud. Jungkook, stop thinking about the future and focus on what you can do now because I promise you, you will regret it."

The bedroom door swings open, showing a teary-eyed Jungkook with a small smile. Jungkook's face was red from crying so much, and his jeans at the knees were wet from letting the tears soak them. Hana looks up at him with a smile opening her arms for Jungkook. Jungkook doesn't hesitate, dropping to his knees and hugging Hana, letting the rest of his tears flow down his face. Hana holds Jungkook like he is her child allowing the boy have his time to cry. She rocked the younger back and forth and waited for Jungkook to calm down.

 She rocked the younger back and forth and waited for Jungkook to calm down