Chapter 1

*Sneak Peak to the two years of schooling of Manan*

Both were in sixth standard and Nandini was joining a month late.

On the first day Nandini came and sat beside Manik as it was only empty seat.

Manik: Hi I am Manik. What is your name?

Nandini: My name is Nandini

Manik: Are you new here?

Nandini: Umm yes. Can you give me your notes because I have to catch up on a month's syllabus.

Manik: Ofcource you can take. If you want I will help you with studies.

Nandini:Really you will help me.

Manik: Yes.

Nandini: Thank you.

Soon their teacher came and like this some lectures passed and lunch time came.

Nandini: You will not go out to have lunch with your friends?

Manik: Actually I don't have friends here because I am also new student here. I just joined this year.

Nandini: Ohh so can we be friends because I too don't have any friends here.

Manik: Ok then friends,saying this he forwarded his hand for hand shake.

Nandini: Friends, she said excitedly and shakes her hand with him.

Nandini: Acha tho now friend can we have lunch because I am hungry.

Manik: Yes what is their in the lunch box?

Nandini: Dosa and chutney.

Manik: Wow I love dosa, I have parathas.

Nandini: You can have it from my lunch box you know sharing is caring.

Manik: You are so cute Nandini. You have beautiful smile

Nandini: Thank you.

Like this months passed and both their friendship grew strong. Everyday they would first greet each other and at lunch time both would exchange their tiffins and eat.They would share everything with each other about how their day went.

There was a time when Nandini was not well and did not attend her school.That day Manik waited for her and when she did not come he got sad. Whole day he was just grumpy and at home to he did not talk much to his parents.

After two days when Nandini came to school, seeing her he just hugged her tight and started asking her questions about, where did she go? Why she missed her school for two days? For which she just calmed him down and answered that she had fever so she did not come for two days.

After this incident he took her landline number if something like this further happens he can call and ask about it and she too took his number.

As the time passed both started calling each other Smile and Mani.Both of them were very good in academic and  co- curricular activities.They would pick up silly fights but they made sure it would not turn serious and end in a day. And when time comes they would fight for each other too.

They both passed sixth standard with outstanding marks making their parents proud of them.

It was summer vacation and both of them went to their grandparents house during this period they did not have any conversation and both them were missing each other.

After their summer vacation it was their first day of the next academic year.Manik was the first one to reach school he was waiting for Nandini. She came after few minutes and seeing Manik she just hugged him very tight and Manik too hugged her tight.