Chapter 11

Manik dragged her outside towards the beach ignoring Nandini's protest.

Nandini: Mani what is this you cannot drag me like this.

Manik: Smile we were anyway getting bored there.See here we can watch the stars and enjoy.

Nandini: Still we came out without even bidding them bye.

Manik:Oh shut up smile, and enjoy.

Nandini: Fine if you say so.

Both of them were walking in the beach with a peaceful silence between them but storm of thoughts in their mind.

Manik finally getting courage talked to Nandini.

Manik: Smile I want to tell you something.

Nandini nodded her head and sat  down on the sand with Manik too sitting.

Both of them silent for a while but Nandini turned towards Manik and raised her eyebrows asking him what he wanted to talk.

Manik: Ok Smile don't get mad at me . What I am going to say maybe you will not like it or you will break our friendship but remember we are always bestfriends first then anything.

Nandini: Mani why are you saying this, whatever it is I will never break our friendship, it is and always be special to me.

Manik: I know, don't slap me after this ok. Actually I have a confession to make.

Nandini did not say anything but nodded at him. She could not make out exactly what he was going to say.

Manik: I...I like you and before you say as a friend then not as a friend but more then that. I am falling for you Nandini.

Saying this he closed his eyes waiting for her outburst.

Nandini got shocked listening this and she was staring at him.

Manik: *with his eyes shut* Smile please don't get mad. It's ok if you don't reciprocate I just wanted to let you know because if I would have kept this to myself it would have been toxic to our friendship and at any cost I don't want to loose you.

Nandini did not say anything but kept staring at him. Manik opened his eyes and looked at her blank face which broke his heart but he composed himself.

Manik: You take your time now let's go it's getting cold here.

Manik got up and turned to leave but Nandini immediately tugged his wrist to which he turned to her. Nandini stood up and immediately crashed to his chest.

Nandini: *wispering* I like you too Mani.

Manik: What?

Nandini nodded her head to which Manik scooped her in his arms and twirled them shouting.Nandini laughed at this.

Nandini: Mani... enough put me down.

Manik: I can't believe that you feel the same. I thought I will lose you.

Nandini: No Mani, if not you maybe I was going to say it today.

Manik just hugged her tight and kissed her forehead.

Manik: Chalo andhar yaha pe thand badh rahi hai.

Manik and Nandini went inside the hotel and stopped in front of their doors.

Manik: I want to be with you.

Nandini:*blushing* Mani.

Manik: Please.

Nandini: Mani but you have your crew here and anyone gets to know then...

Manik: No one will know and anyways you leave early right.