Chapter 12

Both of them were sleeping soundly when Nandini's phone decided to break their slumber.Nandini got up with the alarm still ringing.

Manik: Yaar please shut this irritating thing.

Saying this he kept a pillow on his ear to shut the noise.

Nandini then looked at him and realised that they both slept together on the same bed.

Manik: Bandh karo yaar.

Nandini immediately shut the alarm and got up from the bed.
She went to the other side and opened the curtain of the balcony to see a beautiful view of garden. After few minutes she came inside and went to wake up Manik.

Nandini: Mani get up.

Not getting any response she again called him.

Nandini: Mani, get up I am leaving.

Still there was no response so she got hold of the pillow which he was holding on his ear and pulled it.

Manik held it tightly groaning in irritation.

Nandini pulled it so forcefully that she fell on him with the effect. He held her shoulders so that she did not hurt her nose while she kept her both hands either sides so that she doesn't hurt either of them.

They both had their eyelock and Manik tucked her hair strand behind her ear which fell on her face. Nandini immediately looked away and straightened herself.

Manik got up and sat leaning to headboard.

Manik: Good morning.

Nandini: Umm Good morning. Mani I will leave now, I have to go to uni.

Manik: Yes.

Nandini: Okay Bye.

Manik: Wait are you free tomorrow?

Nandini: Yes, but why?

Manik: Great so we are going out.

Nandini: But where?

Manik: That is a surprise.

Nandini: Fine, I am getting late. Bye.

Saying this she went to her room and got ready for her work. Manik also got ready and left for his shoot.

At evening both got back from their work and freshened up. Nandini got comfortable on her bed and started watching web series. She completed 2 episodes when there was a knock at the door she opened the door to see Manik standing there.
She crossed her arms and stood there with raised eyebrows.

Manik: What?

Nandini: Why are you here?

Manik:*frowning* For calling you for dinner.

Nandini turned around and smiled at herself. She was thinking of teasing him a bit.

Nandini: You go I had my dinner.

Manik: Without me?

Nandini: Why is there any rule that I will have my dinner with you?

Manik: No but....

Nandini: Now you go and have your dinner.

Manik: Smile what happened? Are you angry at me? Did I do something wrong?

Nandini turned her head and tried to hide her smile and this was seen by Manik by mirror reflection.

Nandini: Manik, nothing happened I was hungry so I had my dinner now you can go.

Manik: Ok,bye good night.

He turned around and started walking to the door.

Nandini frowned at this and saw him really going out.

Nandini: Mani wait.

Manik stopped there and smiled at his victory.

Manik: What happened?

Nandini: You were really going?

Manik: Yes, you only told me to go*faking innocence*

Nandini: I was tho just joking.

Manik: But I felt bad.

Nandini narrowed her eyes at him and punched his stomach.

Nandini: Shut your acting Mani, I know you are faking this all.

Manik: How did you know?

Nandini: I am your best friend and I know you well to find when you are serious and when you are faking it.

Manik pulled her to him and kept both his hands on both her shoulder locking it behind her neck.

Manik: Well for your information you are now my girlfriend.

Nandini: Acha, and I don't remember you asking me anything like that.

Manik: Ohh So Ms.Murthy will you be my girlfriend?

Nandini: *acted like thinking* Let me think. Umm Only if you get me an icecream.

Manik: Done.

Nandini: Then yes Mr. Malhotra I will surely be your girlfriend.

Manik smiled at her and kissed her cheeks surprising her.

Manik: Chalo abhi khana nahi khana hai?

Nandini: Khana hai na.

Both went down and had their dinner with their friends.

Nandini: Mani, can we go for a walk.

Manik: Let's go.

Both of them went to beach and started walking hand in hand. She rested her head on his shoulder still walking.

Nandini: Mani are planning to tell our friends about us?

Manik: Yes, Smile they are our friends.

Nandini: Mani, Can we tell them a little later?

Manik: Why?

Nandini: Mani, I want to be sure of us before letting anyone know I mean our friends already want us to be together.

Manik: That means you are not sure about us?

Nandini: No I did not mean that, Mani what I mean is that till now we were best friends and we knew each other as best friends but with this new name to our relation we will discover new things about each other and if our friends will know then the media will not take time to know this and create a mess.

Manik smiled at her and kissed her forehead.

Manik: I agree with you we will keep this as a secret.

Nandini: You are happy with this right you are not agreeing because I am saying right? If you want we can tell them.

Manik: No smile, I agree with you we met after so many years so there will be so many things we don't know about each other and I definately not need media interfering our lives especially now. But I will tell Cabir about this because he knew I was going to tell you about my feelings.

Nandini: Yeah you can tell him because Navya to knows.

Manik:Waise thinking of it, this will be fun. Sabse chupke milna, romance karna.

Nandini: Hello mister, thoda control karo apne aap ko.

Manik: So boring you are.

Nandini: Then find someone intresting idiot.

Saying this she started walking fast while Manik behind her trying to manofy her.

Author's Note: Hey guys,here is the next chapter.Hope you enjoy reading this chapter.Comment and Vote if you like this chapter. Keep showering your love. Any suggestions are always welcomed.
Stay safe,Stay indoor.

Love,
Author❤️