Chapter 14

One week passed with both of them busy with their work and spending some time with each other at evening. Today also both of them finished their work and were chilling in Nandini's room.

Manik: Smile I am leaving tomorrow.

Nandini: I know Mani.

Manik: Can't you come with me? I have the screening of my film and I want you there with me.

Nandini: Mani, we already discussed this. My work does not finish till next week and for the screening I anyway cannot come so what's the use?

Manik: You cannot come as my girlfriend but you can come as my bestfriend right?

Nandini: Mani you know it's not possible, and I will come next week right till then enjoy with your friends and Mom Dad.

Manik gave up seeing her stubborn.

Manik: Fine if that's what you want. But promise as soon as your back you will spend some time with me.

Nandini: Ok and I will be staying at my apartment with Mumma Papa going for business trip every once in a while I cannot stay at that huge house all alone.

Manik: Good I can spend more time with you like that and I am also shifting to my pent house as it's renovation is completed.

Nandini: Why don't you stay with your Mom Dad?

Manik: You know they don't like the camera flashing around them all the time and invade our privacy so I decided to move out so that they don't get bothered every time.

Nandini: Hmm.

Manik: After you return Mom has invited you for lunch so that they can meet my smile.

Nandini: And you are telling me this now? You idiot.

Manik: Sorry yaar it just slipped my mind.

Nandini: They know about us?

Manik: No but I guess they have some doubt.

Nandini: You know it will be very difficult to hide this from everyone.

Manik: You are the one who is against the idea of telling everyone.

Nandini: Mani you know I just want to be sure of us, not that I am not now but just I want to be away from limelight and I want spend some time with then we can do as you wish.

Manik: That's true we can spend some time with each other before revealing to all.

Manik stood up from his seat and came in front of her making her nervous.

Nandini: Mani umm what?

Manik: Shh..

Nandini bent backward as she was sitting while Manik continued leaning towards her making her nervous.
His eyes went to her lips and then to her eyes and again to her lips.

He moved forward making Nandini close her eyes which made Manik smile. On not feeling anything Nandini opened her eyes to see him smiling making her frown.

He suddenly pecked her lips and moved away making her shocked at his sudden action.

Seeing her shocked expression Manik smirked.

Manik: Hello Nandini.

Nandini: Huhh.

Manik: Why are you so shocked?

Nandini: No... Nothing.

Manik: Are you sure?

Nandini: Yes.