Chapter 31: The In-between Time

YURI POV

Yuri wasn't sure how to make her plan come to fruition, but she would figure it out. She was a smart girl. Tae wouldn't be with a stupid person, unless he didn't have control of the situation. Maybe, just maybe, Tae didn't have control. Maybe he was going with what his hyungs wanted. A girl can hope.

Step one is to feel Tae out with respect to this supposed soulmate of his. That requires contact. Soomin was so stupid to give JK up so easily. I am not stupid. Step two will be figured out when and if step one fails. Time to put step one into action.

📱Yuri: Tae? I know you probably don't ever want to hear form me again, but would it be possible for us to meet?
📱Tae: Yuri, I don't think that's a good idea. I don't want to change my number, but I will if I have to. I am so sorry that I hurt you, but you have to move on.
📱Yuri: If I don't see you I think I might hurt myself Tae. Please. I am not in a good place and I need your help.
📱Tae: Yuri, please put yourself in my shoes. What would you do?
📱Yuri: I would do my best to help someone that was once dear to me. Please Taehyung...I need you. Just this once.
📱Tae: Ok. I will come to your apartment.

**

There was a knock at the door

There was a knock at the door. I was so nervous. I hadn't seen him in so long. I looked out the peephole. It was him. I opened the door.

"You came!" I said.

"Of course I did. What's going on Yuri?" Tae asked.

TAEHYUNG POV

I didn't know how to help Yuri. There was nothing I could do. We would never be together again. I didn't know how to convince her.

She ran towards me and embraced me. I had to pull her off of me. She looked bad. I felt awful, but what could I do?

"Yuri, why am I here?" I asked.

"Because I need you. I love you Tae. Please. I can't live without you." She ran towards me and embraced me again.

"Yuri. I have a soulmate." I showed her the tattoo. "We can never be together like you want. I'm sorry but, I don't love you. I love my soulmate."

"But Tae, how do you know you love her? You love someone because some mark tells you to?"

"No, I love her because of the person she is. The mark didn't come until after." I said. "How can I convince you?"

"Kiss me Tae. If you feel nothing, you can go." she said.

"No. I don't need to kiss you to know I feel nothing for you besides friendship. Look Yuri, I cared for you, yes. But, I wasn't in love with you. Please. You have to understand."

"I don't have to understand anything! You are mine!" She ran towards me again and kissed me. I pushed her away again.

"Yuri. How can I help you? Obviously you are not ok. What can I do?" I asked. I truly didn't want her to suffer, and something was definitely wrong. "Where is Soomin? Have you tried talking to her about this?"