Chapter 54: The End?

HOBI POV

HOBI POV

I decided to share with Summer the songs I wrote when she was gone. I wasn't sure if I would ever release them, but I wanted her to hear them and see what she thought.

"Hey." I said, wrapping my arms around her. "Would you come to the studio with me? I want to show you something."

"I would absolutely love to. Right now?" she asked.

"Yes."

"Ok, let's go." she said.

I took her had in mine and we headed out the door. Once we arrived at the studio, I opened the door for her, and she went in. I both loved and hated this studio. It had wonderful and horrible memories for me. Luckily the horrible memories were very few compared to the wonderful, but they carried more weight. Hopefully this was step one in squashing the bad things.

"So, when you were gone..." I had to take a deep breath to keep from tearing up. She cupped my face with her hands and kissed me gently.

"I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere." she said.

I tried to smile. "I know. It was just so very difficult." I took another deep breath. "So, when you were gone, I threw myself into my work. I spent a lot of time here. It was therapeutic for me. It gave me something else to concentrate on. I have about 15 songs that I wrote and I wanted you to listen to them."

"Really? I can't wait to hear them. Are you going to release a mixtape?"

"At first I thought that I wouldn't. But now I'm not so sure. I mean, if these songs can help other people? I kind of feel obligated to share them."

"I think that you should release them because you want to, not because you feel obligated to the fans. I know how much you love them, but if releasing these will cause you too much pain, I don't think you should."

"I have been going back and forth on it. It was the worst time of my life. But, I am hoping I can use the music to get past those feelings. I still can't really think about that time without tears coming to my eyes." And on cue, tears brimmed.

"Oh Hoseok, I love you so much. I am so sorry about everything. I wish I could change it, take it back. I hate knowing that you were suffering so much. And it's all my fault." Tears ran down her cheeks. I wiped them away.

"It's not your fault. Please don't think that. We don't. If you hadn't gone off to the bathroom, she would have found another way. You didn't do anything wrong."

"That's what everyone says, but it doesn't change how I feel about it, and I don't know how to change that. I guess it will just take time. Luckily we have a lot of that." she smiled. "So, let's hear those songs."

"You got it." I was nervous. No one had heard them but me. "Now, keep in mind that these aren't finished songs. They are still pretty raw."

"Ok. I will listen with an open mind."