Chapter 35: Plan B

CHASE POV

After thinking about it for some time, and talking to Summer's mother, I decided to take a trip to Korea. No better way to get Summer back then to grab the bull by the horns. So, I took a month off of work, and headed to Seoul.

I knew Summer was working for Big Hit Entertainment, so I decided to stake out the building. Smart, right? There was a café across the street. Knowing Summer, and her love of mochas, I figured it would be just a matter of time before I saw her.

But, what if she isn't working today? I didn't think of that. Well, that's ok. I have nothing but time. So, I sipped my tea and looked up when someone came through the door.

SOOMIN POV

Summer said she would meet me at the café for coffee and girl time. I was so happy when I got her text and we talked through the whole situation. I couldn't wait to get to know her better. I was waiting outside for her and her friend Abby to show up.

"Unni!" I said when I saw her. She smiled at me and they walked over. "How are you?"

"I'm great! In the process of meeting all the families. It's intimidating." She was smiling, until we reached the door to the café.

"What's wrong?" I asked as she stopped at the door.

"That's impossible." She said, barely above a whisper.

"What? What's going on?" I looked inside the café. Nothing seemed weird. She turned so her back was facing the door.

Abby looked into the door. "Holy shit. I can't believe it."

"See that man sitting over there? The obvious American?" I looked and saw who she was talking about. "That's my ex-husband." She looked at me. "What do I do?"

"We obviously don't go in there. Where is Goo?" I asked.

"Good thinking. Let me text her. And I'll text Joon"

Abby and I grabbed her arms and led her away from the café to a bench that was nearby, but out of sight of patrons in the café. We kept a lookout while she got in touch with the others.

I didn't envy Summer this situation. I was beginning to be afraid for her.

SUMMER POV

📱Summer: Goo, can you meet me in front of the café across from Big Hit, please?
📱Goo: Of course. I'll be right there.

📱Summer: Joon, I need you right now. I'm outside the café near Big Hit. How fast can you get here?
📱Joon: I'll be right there. Don't move.
📱Summer: Ok. I'm here with Soomin and Goo is on the way.

Joon got here before Goo, which was surprising.

"Joon, Chase is in that café." I said. I was terrified.

"Are you sure?" He asked. "Of course you're sure. It's going to be ok. Let me call Jimin."

"Jimin? Really?"

"Oh yes." Soomin said. "Jimin is fierce when he's angry. You want him on your side in a fight. He took martial arts for many years."

"I don't expect a fight though. Chase didn't see me and doesn't know I'm here. What are you going to do Joon?"

Right then, Jimin and Goo walked up. I wanted so badly to be able to use Joon and Jimin as a shield and hide behind them, but not yet.

"What's going on?" Jimin asked. We filled him in. He looked towards the café. "What are we going to do?"