Chapter 46: Chase Warner

Breaking News: BTS's soulmate Summer Bishop is missing. Where is she? Authorities give the latest information on the search effort.

Breaking News: BTS cancels remaining tour dates in lieu of missing soulmate.

Breaking News: Can soul bonds be severed? Doctors are researching. How important are the tattoos?

CHASE POV

I didn't want it to happen this way. But, what choice did I have? She wasn't in her right mind. It's funny the things you will do for love. It just seems to me like the whole soulmate thing isn't real. And I am saying this as one who is bonded. Why did fate give me a platonic bond?

It was tough to get her tattoos removed, but it was worth it. Doctors aren't sure if they will come back or not. I am hoping she doesn't remember anything. I have heard that great trauma can cause lapses in memory. For right now, we are secluded in the mountains in California, away from everyone. Hopefully this way she can recover and we can get back to normal. I have missed her so much. I just want things to be the way they were before.

I know I messed up. I will spend the rest of my life making it up to her. I would do anything, HAVE done anything to get where we are right now. Hopefully with the tattoos gone...For right now, I was content to watch her sleep. She was so beautiful. How could I have ever turned my back on her?

SUMMER POV

I opened my eyes, and I was in a cute bedroom. Where was I? I just had the most wonderful dream about Paris. I looked down at my hands. They were clean. No tattoos. Where are my tattoos?

"Hey, babe!! You're finally up!" Chase said.

"What? Why am I here? What happened?" I asked.

"Nothing major." Chase said. "We were hiking and you slipped and fell and hit your head."

"Really? That's so weird. I don't remember any of it. What about my tattoos?"

"What tattoos? You've never had a tattoo in your life." he said.

"Of course I..." I tried to think. Didn't I have tattoos? But I didn't see any..." Maybe I just need some time to myself. Where's my phone?"

"Your phone doesn't work here in the mountains, remember?"

"Oh...then, I just need some time to think. I'll be out in a bit. I know I just woke up, but I think might take another nap. Is that ok? I am not feeling like myself."

"Of course. The doctor said you would probably be tired. I'll be in the living room. See you in a bit. Love you babe." he said, and he came and kissed me on the head. I watched him leave the room. How did I get here? I don't remember any of it. I feel like there is something very important that I have forgotten. But, what? I was so tired. I think I needed more sleep.

...I was on a train, looking out into the city. We were holding hands and I was nervous. Today was the day I meet his family. I was nervous, but also excited..."I love you so much Summer"...

...We were on a balcony, looking out over the city. I was afraid of heights, but I was with him, so I was safe. It was beautiful...."I love you."...

...We were at a cat cafe. There were so many cute cats!! I had never been to one before. "Hello, my name is Summer. Nice to meet you."...

...I was nervous. I saw him as the cab pulled up. I got out, grabbed my things and walked towards him. "I hope this is all ok..." and he kissed me. "Tell me you felt that."...

...We were making pottery; what a fun date. My heart was pounding so hard. My stomach was doing summersaults. "I'm going to kiss you now." "Ok..."