Chapter 3

Aliyah P.O.V.

"Go sit the macaroni outside on the table for me baby." I softly sighed as I stood up from the couch and took the pan of macaroni out of my mom's hands. "And when you finish, come back, I got some more stuff to sit out." "Okay." I mumbled.

I walked out to the backyard, and sat the pan down on the long white table that was set up back here. I turned around, about to make my way back inside, when I heard someone call my name. I turned back around to see my grandma waving me over to where her and Brutus were sitting.

I dusted my hands off on my jeans and walked over to them. "Hey baby." I smiled. "Hey grandma, hey Brutus or should I say grandpa." Brutus chuckled. "How you doin Li-Li?" I nodded. "Im good."

 "That's good." My grandma started. "I heard about your little birthday party last night." I sighed. "Who told you? It was daddy wasn't it?" She chuckled. "No, I was on the phone with your mom on my way over here, and she was telling me what happened, don't mind your father child, you know how over protective he is over you." I nodded. "Yeah, I know."

She smiled. "Well that's all I wanted, I left you your birthday present in your bedroom." I smiled. "Aw grandma, you didn't have to get me anything." She waved me off. "Girl hush, your the only granddaughter I have, you know I have to spoil you." I chuckled. "Well thanks."

I quickly hugged them both before turning around and walking back into the house, going straight into the kitchen. "Im back." My mom turned around and wiped her hands on the kitchen towel. "Alright, take those two pies out for me please." I nodded and picked up both of the pies that smelled amazing.

"Is this apple?" She nodded. "And before you ask me, no you can't have any right now, your father would probably kill you if he found out somebody cut into the apple pie without him." I smirked.

"...Speaking of daddy, where is he? I haven't seen him or AJ since last night." She sighed before opening up the oven, sticking the ham inside. "He went to pick up AJ from his mom's house." I frowned. "When did he got here?" She sighed again.

"Well you know AJ's suppose to be going with her every weekend, and since your party was last night, he didn't go over her house, so he woke up early this morning and left with her, so he could make it back in time for the family barbeque."

I nodded slowly. "...Why didn't she just wait until next weekend to see him? That would have made more sense." She chuckled. "Don't ask me baby, you know how his mom can be, just let it go." I laughed.

"Your always so calm mom." She smirked. "I haven't always been that way, trust me, but I've learned over time to pick and choose my battles, and AJ's mom is more like a war." We both laughed.

***********

"There's the birthday girl." I looked up from my phone and smiled once I seen my Uncle Trey and James, walking into the kitchen.

"Hey Uncle Trey." He walked over to me and gave m a half hug, since I was still sitting. "Finally 18 huh?" I chuckled. "Yep, Im legal all day." He laughed and shook his head. "Asia got your gift in the car alright?" I nodded and watched him walk over to my mom, starting there own conversation. "Hey James." He pulled out a chair, and took a seat across from me at the table.

"Hey Li-Li, happy belated birthday." I smirked. "Thank you...how's school going?" He sighed. "Man, sixth grade is the struggle." I chuckled. "Sixth grade was easy." He shook his head. "No, that's because the time has changed, you were in the fifth grade like 100 years ago." I laughed.

"Hey, it wasn't that long ago." He sucked his teeth. "Uh huh, but they got some fine eighth grade girls out there." I frowned.

"I doubt you have a chance with them." He fanned me off. "My dad says if I be a gentlemen, then I could possibly get a number, right pops?" He turned around in his chair, waiting for Uncle Trey to say something.