Chapter 55

Marcus P.O.V.

"Here you go baby,this is for you." I dusted my hands off on my pants, taking the envelope out of Mrs.Alsina's hands.

"Thanks." She smiled. "No problem." She turned around to walk away, but I called her back."

"Uh...Mrs. Alsina..?" She turned back around, lifting her brows, letting me know I had her attention.

"I wanted to ask you something.......I have a friend....who's really in need for a job right now....I know I haven't been here that long too ask you this, but I was wondering if you could give her a job here, I mean, I know there's certain things here that I can't do because Im a guy, but I think she could help out a little more with the ladies that come in."

She nodded slowly, folding her arms aross her chest. "Well Im not really hiring right now....how bad does she need a job right now?" I scratched the back of my head an sighed. "...Really bad."

She took a deep breath, releasing it slowly. "What's her name? And how do you know her?"

"Uh, LaMeeka Taylor, and she's a friend from school." "Just a friend?" She asked, lifting a brow.

"Im not trying to have any funny business going on here Marcus." I nodded. "No, no, really, she's just a friend, seriously, Im just tryna help her out."

".....Well I'll think about it, and get back to you tommorow, I don't really need the extra hands, but I'll see what I can find for her, if I do decide to give her a job."

I nodded. "Ight, thanks, I appreciate it." She smiled a little before stepping out of the backroom, leaving me by myself.

Amara P.O.V.

"You sit down over here." I folded my arms across my chest and plopped down on the mattress still pissed as hell from yesterday.

In the midst of beating Olivia's ass in the driveway, Daddy and Miranda had pulled up to the curb since they couldn't park, and pulled us away from each other.

They were trying to calm the both of us down and talk to us about what was going on and why we were fighting, but I wasn't trying to hear none of that, and neither was she.

And since we couldn't calm down and listen, daddy sent us in our rooms for the rest of the night, just deciding that we should talk in the morning, when everybody had a chance to sleep there anger off.

At first, I didn't take it seriously, but they both called us out of school today so we can have a family discussion about what went on yesterday.

"And you sit down over here." Miranda said, motioning for Olivia to sit besides her. She slowy sat down on the couch across from me, as daddy took a seat beside me.

"Now." He started. "I don't know what the hell got into the two of y'all yesterday, but what happened in that driveway was totally uncalled for, and what I wanna know is who started it, and why this fight even happened."

I opened my mouth to speak, but Olivia cut me off. "She started it, you saw it with your own two eyes, she just attacked me like a crazy animal, she's out of control." I rolled my eyes, not even bothering to pay attention to her.

"Calm down." Miranda said. Daddy turned to me, taking a deep breath. "Did you attack her yesterday?" I shook my head. "No."

"She's lying! She tackled me to the ground and started hitting me!"

"Is that true?" Daddy said, keeping his eyes on me. I tooka deep breath, deciding on telling the truth. Daddy and  I were just getting back in a good space, and I didn't wanna mess that up over Olivia and this pointless ass drama.