Chapter 38

Amara P.O.V.

"Im leaving mama." I pulled my car keys out of my purse as I walked into mama's bedroom.

"Where you going?" I sighed. "The party Daddy's throwing for that Miranda lady, remember." She slightly cleared her throat, nodding her head.

"Oh right, Miranda....Okay, drive safe baby." She walked over to me and gave me a quick hug.

"Do I really have to go to this mama? I honestly don't care about this lady's birthday." She slightly chuckled.

"I don't know why, but your father wants the whole family there, and your his family, so yes you have to go."

"Your his family too." I started. "Why don't you come with me?" She frowned, shaking her head. "No baby, I don't think Im invitied to my ex's new girlfriend's brithday party, I pass."

I sighed. "She probably won't even be just the girlfriend after today." Mama frowned. "Why you say that."

"I have a strong feeling he's gunna propose to her, that's why he wants the whole family there." I folded my arms across my chest and rolled my eyes.

Mama paused for a second, before forcing a small smile on her face. "Oh right...that...I forgot about all that." She said, mumbiling the last part.

"Yeah, now I have to stand there and be around everybody who's gunna be all happy and congratulating her, when I honestly don't care about her birthday or this might-be proposal."

She sighed. "I understand how you feel baby, but you still have to go....and make sure you keep your ears open...especially around Miranda." She fixed my hair as I frowned.

"Why?"

"You know, just to make sure her intentions are right....if your father really does propse today." I lifted a brow, feeling as if she was lying to me, but I let it go.

"....Okay...I will.....bye mama." I stepped out of her room, making my way down the hall

"Bye, tell Alicia and Mike hi for me."

I froze dead in my tracks once I heard Mike's name. I had completely forgot about him and that fact that Alicia most likely would be bringing him, since he's technically in the family now.

I sighed, continuing to walk downstairs to the door.

Maybe seeing him would actually be a good thing, since I needed to talk to him anyways. And with all the people who will be there, it won't be hard getting him alone so I could tell him I was pregnant.

Even though I was nervous as hell about telling him, I wanted to tell him first since he's the person I think I was sleeping with the most.

There was times when I had slept with him, then slept with Tyson later that week or the day after, but mostly Mike and I had been together.

I pulled open the front door and locked it, making my way over to the car.

Marcus P.O.V.

"Okay, your return is all finished, thank you for shopping at Jamie's Boutique." I took my money from the girl, feeling satisfied I had gotten my money back.

"I still can't believe you spent that much money on some damn earrings." I ignored Chris' comment, as I stuffed my cash down in my pocket.

"125 dollars? On a female you ain't even with, and never let you hit?? Nah, I could never." I pushed the front door to the store open and stepped outside.

"125 ain't even that much, I swear yo ass be over exaggerating." I unlocked my truck and slid into the driver seat, while Will got in the passenger seat and Chris got in the back.