Chapter 22

Amara P.O.V.

I woke up the next morning wrapped in Mike's arms. I slowly pushed his arm off of me and sat up straight. I had fallen asleep here since I came over so late. I pushed my hair out of my face before sliding my body out from under the covers.

I reached over to the nightstand and grabbed my phone. I had one missed call from Daddy, but I didn't care about it, since Miranda probably told him I was over Marissa's house.

"Your up." I slightly jumped once I heard Mike's voice that was full of sleep behind me. "Yeah, I just woke up a minute ago....how did you sleep?" He nodded.

"Good, you?" I smiled. "Good." Suprisingly, Mike had kept his word last night. We stayed up and watched movies and talked. Nothing physical happened between us and I actually enjoyed that. Even though I could tell he wanted to do more, he played it cool, and I appreciated that.

"You hungry?" I watched him as he pushed the covers off his body and slip his white beater back on.

"A little....but I'll eat at home." He stood up from the bed and walked into the bathroom. "You leavin already?" I chuckled.

"I've been here since 11:40 last night, I gotta go home at some point." I heard the faucet running, and the sound of a brush scrubbing, letting me know he was brushing his teeth.

I stood up from the bed and walked over to the doorway. "..I enjoyed myself last night."

He smirked with his toothbrush in his mouth, looking at me through the mirror. "I did too."

I folded my arms across my chest and leaned up against the doorframe. "We should do this again." He nodded.

"Yeah, but next time make sure you stay awake for the whole movie." I chuckled. "Whatever, you fell asleep too."

"You fell asleep first though." I smirked. "Whatever, Im gunna go." I turned away from the doorway and grabbed my folded up jeans that were sitting on the egde of his bed.

"When's Alicia coming back??" I slipped out of his tshirt that he gave me and quickly put my jeans back on.

"Tommorow night." I grabbed Miranda's keys off the dresser and slipped my sandals back on.

"I bet your happy." I heard the faucet cut off, letting me know he was finished.

"Something like that." I pulled my hair back in a messy ponytail and turned around, just in time for him to be stepping out of the bathroom.

"You'll call me?" He asked, walking towards me. "Yeah, when I get a chance." He pulled me into him and kissed my forehead.

"Make it home safely." I softly smiled. "Okay." He smiled at me before walking back inside the bathroom, leaving me alone.

I walked out of his bedroom and made my out of the house. I rushed down the steps and quickly got inside Miranda's car.

I wasn't sure if I should call daddy back or not, seeing as how he hadn't called me but one time.

I backed out of the driveway and took off down the street. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and dialed Marissa's number.

I tapped my finger on the steering wheel, waiting for her to answer, but her voicemail picked up.

"Shit!" I said lowly. I pulled up to a red light, and quickly dialed Aliyah's number. "Come on, answer please." I took a sigh of relief once I heard her line pick up.

ALIYAH: "..Hello?"

I could hear the sleep in her voice.

ME: "Hey, goomorning, do you know where Marissa is??"