Chapter 69

Marcus P.O.V.

"You look like a broke down ass clown." I ignored Chris' comments, as I buttoned up one of my dress shirts.

"I hope you don't wear that tonight, cause if I was Aliyah I would straight clown yo ass." I buttoned the buttons on my sleeve, not responding to him still.

I looked myself up and down in my mirror, trying to decide if this was the shirt I wanted to wear on my date tonight.

I took a deep breath, decidng to try on my next one. "You got another one right? Cause if you don't, I got some church shirts at the crib that you can borrow, cause that shit right there ain't the move."

I undid the buttons on my shirt, turning to the doorway. "Do you ever shut the fuck up?"

He shook his head. "Nah, I don't think so." He leaned up agaisnt my doorframe, sopping up his biscuits mama had made him this morning, in his bowl of gravy.

"You know," He started, stuffing some more biscuits in his mouth. "I say we go down to the mall and get you whole new fit, cause Im tired of lookin at these same ugly ass shirts."

I sighed, wishing he would stop talking. "Why you even in here?"

"Cause, you told me and Will that you would give us a ride to the Boys and Girls club this morning, since you got football practice, so here I am."

"That still ain't no excuse for you to be up in my room."

He sighed. "You takin too long, so I just decided to annoy you so you can hurry up."

I shook my head, throwing on my white beater. "Just come on, so you can get out my face."

I grabbed my gym bag, throwing my cleets and helmet inside of it, before pulling it up on my shoulder.

I grabbed my keys and brushed past him, making my way downstairs. "Mama Im gone."

I walked over to the door, slipping my feet into my slides. "Okay, have a good practice baby." She wiped her hands on her dish towel, looking up at me.

"Thanks for the breakfast Ms.R, it was good as hell." Chris patted his stomach, handing his empty bowl over to her.

"Watch your mouth, and uh uh, come wash out this bowl before you go boy."

Will chuckled, standing up from his seat. "We gotta go mama, ion wanna be late for practice." She sighed, sitting his bowl in the sink.

"I'll wash it for you Chris." Bria popped up from the couch, running into the kitchen.

"Thanks lil mama." She smiled, causing mama to roll her eyes. "I'll wash it, go back and sit down Bri."

She pouted, making her way back to the living room.

"Y'all ready?" They both nodded, as I unlocked the door.

"Bye Chris." Bria waved, making sure he saw her before we all stepped out of the door. I shook my head, locking the door behind myself.

"Im ready to play some ball." Will said, rubbing his hands together.

Aliyah P.O.V.

"Are you excitied?" I leaned back into mama's couch, noddding my head. "Kind of, Im trying not to be to excitied about it, I don't wanna seem thirsty."

Marissa chuckled. "Right, but Im glad you took my advice, it's about time you got your man back."

"We're not back together." I said, folding my arms across my chest.