Chapter 42

Aliyah P.O.V.

"You two finally made it, I was wondering when you were gunna show up." I folded my arms across my chest, watching mama and Auntee Kerri hug each other.

"Sorry to for being late girl, I had some errands to run this morning, and Aliyah was running a little late getting ready." Auntee Kerri chuckled, nodding her head.

"Its okay, where's August and AJ?" She asked, looking around.

"Oh, August is working, but he'll be here later, and AJ's coming with him." She smiled again.

"Okay." I took a deep breath, as she turned to me.

"Hey Ms.Aliyah." Before I could say hello back to her, she pulled me into her, hugging me.

"Look at you." She said letting me go. "Your hair is cute." She ran her fingers through it, before looking over at mama, who didn't look impressed.

"Well." She started. "Come in and have a seat at any table, we're gunna be playing our first game in a minute.

Mama smiled, stepping into the house, and I followed after her. This was the last place I honestly wanted to be today, since it involved being around mama. And I was getting tired of all the unecessary opinions and comments about my hair and makeup.

I pulled my beanie down, and pushed my hair over my shoulders, as we followed Auntee Kerri out to her backyard.

"Where can I put these?" Mama asked, holding up the gifts she had brought with her. "Over here, come with me."

I took a sigh of relief once mama walked away from beside me, and over to the other side of the backyard where the gifts were.

I looked around at at the tables, looking for a place to sit. I automatically smiled once I seen Auntee Kelsey and Uncle Craig at one of the tables by themselves.

I walked over to them taking a seat by Auntee Kelsey. "Hey, where have you two been?" They both turned their heads to me, smiling.

"Baby girl." Uncle Craig leaned over, giving me dap. "How you been girl?" I smiled. "I been good, what about you? You guys are barely around anymore."

Auntee Kelsey sighed. "We know, we're thinking about moving back home." I smiled widely.

"Forreal?" They both nodded. "Where's your pops?" Uncle Craig asked, leaning back into his seat.

"Working, he'll be here later though." "Ight, cool."

"So how have you been? How's school?" I nodded. "School's school, it's fine I guess." She frowned a little.

"That's it? You usually like telling me about school, I heard you were a tutor now, how's that going for you?"

I sighed a little. "Im not doing that anymore, but it was okay." She nodded slowly. "....Okay....well Im feeling this new look you got going on." She smiled, motioning to me up and down.

"Thanks."

"You look alot different from the last time I saw you." Uncle Craig nodded his head in agreement. "Yeah alot different."

I smirked. "Well maybe if you guys saw me more often you wouldn't feel that way."

"Well if you gon keep changing like this, then we gon have to see you more often than we do, cause you lookin way to grown for me right now, yo mama let you come out like that?" Uncle Craig asked.

I chuckled, nodding my head. "Yeah."

"Me and her gunna have a talk then, cause I know damn well Aug ain't approve." Auntee Kelsey rolled her eyes, fanning him off.